Author Topic: Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Own An EV, 41% ‘Unequivocally’ Won’t Buy One  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY MICHAEL W. CHAPMAN ON APR 14, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Own An EV, 41% ‘Unequivocally’ Won’t Buy One

electric vehicles only signAlthough the Biden administration is using tax credits and emissions regulations to try to compel more Americans to buy electric cars, a new poll shows that only 4% of Americans own an electric vehicle (EV) and only 12% are “seriously considering” buying one.

On the other hand, 43% said they might consider buying an EV sometime in the future and 41% unequivocally said they would not buy one. [emphasis, links added]

“Americans’ adoption of electric vehicles is proving to be slow,” said Gallup in reference to its March 1-23 poll.

In addition, the survey found that “While about four in 10 U.S. adults think using EVs helps address climate change a ‘great deal’ (12%) or a ‘fair amount’ (27%), roughly six in 10 believe it helps ‘only a little’ (35%) or ‘not at all’ (26%). [Total: 61%]”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/gallup-only-4-of-americans-own-an-ev-41-unequivocally-wont-buy-one/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Just watch those numbers in a few years after the ones who own them have to prematurely replace their battery.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.