Author Topic: NASA Director Swears Oath on Carl Sagan Book Instead of Bible  (Read 282 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NASA Director Swears Oath on Carl Sagan Book Instead of Bible

The new director of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center chose to swear her oath of office not on the Bible but on a copy of Carl Sagan’s 1994 Pale Blue Dot.NASA: Keegan Barber
THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D.13 Apr 2023990
1:48
The new director of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center chose to swear her oath of office not on the Bible but on a copy of Carl Sagan’s 1994 Pale Blue Dot.

For her swearing-in ceremony last week, Dr. Makenzie Lystrup, who served as an AIP-ASA Congressional Fellow in the office of liberal Massachusetts representative Edward Markey from 2011-2012, opted out of swearing before the Almighty in favor of the agnostic astronomer Sagan.

In its tweet announcing the ceremony of induction for its new director, NASA Goddard cited Sagan: “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.”

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2023/04/13/nasa-director-swears-oath-on-carl-sagan-book-instead-of-bible/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NASA Director Swears Oath on Carl Sagan Book Instead of Bible
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 08:35:26 pm »
 :3: :banghead: 8black day savme
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 08:36:04 pm »
I don't have a problem with any of that...so long as she's highly qualified and not appointed for nefarious reasons.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 08:54:28 pm »
I don't have a problem with any of that...so long as she's highly qualified and not appointed for nefarious reasons.

You’re talking about the Biden administration

I don’t know this woman, but I’m curious to see what boxes she checks
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 09:59:19 am »
Yo, Lady (presumptive of pronouns), Carl Sagan didn't make what you will be shooting rockets into.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis