Author Topic: Boston pays for illegal immigrants' college tuition with federal stimulus money  (Read 282 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boston pays for illegal immigrants' college tuition with federal stimulus money

Boston Mayor Michelle Wu announced a financial expansion of the Tuition-Free Community College Plan, which will now cover up to three years of college tuition for illegal immigrants.

Of the $4 million investment that funds this expansion, $1 million was invested by the Community Funding Project and $3 million comes from the American Rescue Plan Act.

Georgia Lucas '23 | North Carolina Campus Correspondent
April 14, 2023, 9:06 am ET
Boston Mayor Michelle Wu announced a financial expansion of the Tuition-Free Community College Plan, which will now cover up to three years of college tuition for illegal immigrants.

"The City of Boston will be partnering with an immigrant-serving organization to provide support directly to undocumented students seeking to take advantage of the program," a city press release states.

The six Boston Community Colleges participating in the initiative are Benjamin Franklin Cummings Institute of Technology, Bunker Hill Community College, Massasoit Community College, MassBay Community College, Roxbury Community College, and Urban College of Boston.

https://campusreform.org/article?id=22004
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
But not one cent for needy Americans?  She must be trying to Wu trouble for Boston. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Misuse of federal funds.

Offline ScottinVA

I’ve come to the point I no longer care about illegals and the overrun border.  This subject raises the ire of too few Americans, so it will continue unabated.  Just not going to sweat that issue anymore.