Author Topic: HBO Refuses To Cave To Woke Mob, Backs J.K. Rowling  (Read 2970 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: HBO Refuses To Cave To Woke Mob, Backs J.K. Rowling
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2023, 01:59:52 am »

:shrug:

How many shares have you shorted?

The $5B being bantered around seems to be market cap.  I hope everyone remembers that translates only to a few dollars per share, and is a pretty normal price fluctuation in a normal trading day.  Their Trannie garbage pisses me off too, but anyone thinking this is a company in financial trouble needs to watch the markets closer.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2023, 02:42:18 am »

How many shares have you shorted?

Lately? None... I ain't had a portfolio since I went into a wheelchair. And technically none anyway... My broker did all that. But I played enough to know.

But sales and distribution I know pretty well. And I have it right from the horse's mouth here locally. AB ain't moving. And my cuz in KS is in distribution and merch... Not for Bud, but he knows em. Same down there. Anecdotal I suppose, but it is what it is.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2023, 02:43:16 am »
Their Trannie garbage pisses me off too, but anyone thinking this is a company in financial trouble needs to watch the markets closer.

Who says they're in financial trouble?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2023, 02:49:10 am »
Who says they're in financial trouble?

One poster cited a Budweiser collapse.

Not the only spot either. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2023, 05:05:29 am »
One poster cited a Budweiser collapse.

Not the only spot either.

I think they are in deep sh*t... But it ain't about money... Well it is... You start throwing billions around, they are going to pay attention. But what they do to court investors has overrun what they do to make their product and court their customers... And this is going to be one helluva lesson.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2023, 06:02:48 pm »
What Budweiser collapse would that be?

Collapse in market valuation, not of the corporate structure or of profitability.  Imbev's stock price took a big hit based on public reaction to their woke ads.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2023, 06:28:01 pm »
Collapse in market valuation, not of the corporate structure or of profitability.  Imbev's stock price took a big hit based on public reaction to their woke ads.

It did?

I'm not seeing anything that isn't outside of the realm of normal stock price variability.  In fact, since the whoo-ha first came out, the stock price has recovered a bit.

Furthermore, while short-term short interest appears to have increased a bit - there appear to have been two daily spikes in short selling - for the most part, short interest only appears to be mildly elevated, which indicates to me that the short sellers don't seem to think that the market has the stock overpriced - at least with respect to an imminent collapse due to a boycott - which tends to buttress the conclusion drawn from the long-interest that the market generally doesn't see a coming stock price catastrophe for the stock, at least not as a result of the trannie-idiocy.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2023, 06:31:29 pm »
Lately? None... I ain't had a portfolio since I went into a wheelchair. And technically none anyway... My broker did all that. But I played enough to know.

But sales and distribution I know pretty well. And I have it right from the horse's mouth here locally. AB ain't moving. And my cuz in KS is in distribution and merch... Not for Bud, but he knows em. Same down there. Anecdotal I suppose, but it is what it is.

Both anecdotal, and also short-term.

The three questions are this:  (1) will the company's other products be hit by a boycott, (2) will the boycott have legs, or is it just a momentary flash in the pan (most boycotts don't have serious legs), and (3) will the boycott be strong enough and deep enough to cause longer-term financial pain to the company.

So far, the markets appear to be discounting the medium and long term consequences of the current boycott calls, and both long-interest and short-interest appear to be relatively consistent on this view so, there is the "wisdom" of the markets which strongly implies that this is not going to cause serious harm to the company and, at most, may require that the particular product be sidelined for the time being. 

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2023, 06:33:48 pm »
It did?

I'm not seeing anything that isn't outside of the realm of normal stock price variability.  In fact, since the whoo-ha first came out, the stock price has recovered a bit.

Furthermore, while short-term short interest appears to have increased a bit - there appear to have been two daily spikes in short selling - for the most part, short interest only appears to be mildly elevated, which indicates to me that the short sellers don't seem to think that the market has the stock overpriced - at least with respect to an imminent collapse due to a boycott - which tends to buttress the conclusion drawn from the long-interest that the market generally doesn't see a coming stock price catastrophe for the stock, at least not as a result of the trannie-idiocy.

In fact in after hours futures trading, BUD at this exact moment is up over a half a percent.  That's nearing a $B recoup in Market Cap by itself. That addtional to what was gained similarly Friday.   There are so many here who are going to be disappointed that in company as big as Imbev, a boycott of one product out of a 100 is akin to swatting a mosquito off

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2023, 06:52:31 pm »
Both anecdotal, and also short-term.

The three questions are this:  (1) will the company's other products be hit by a boycott, (2) will the boycott have legs, or is it just a momentary flash in the pan (most boycotts don't have serious legs), and (3) will the boycott be strong enough and deep enough to cause longer-term financial pain to the company.

So far, the markets appear to be discounting the medium and long term consequences of the current boycott calls, and both long-interest and short-interest appear to be relatively consistent on this view so, there is the "wisdom" of the markets which strongly implies that this is not going to cause serious harm to the company and, at most, may require that the particular product be sidelined for the time being.

You do not seem to understand the redneck 'Oh HELL NO!' that is currently rising.

You can play with markets all you like - and I am glad you put 'wisdom' in quotes - But the market will dilly dally until the anecdotal becomes fact... which will be sometime around the 5th. Till then, the shorts take the money from the rubes. But you can't get back poor sales. That's all beer under the bridge.

And I bet they are dancing in the hallways at Miller/Coors.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2023, 06:59:14 pm »
You do not seem to understand the redneck 'Oh HELL NO!' that is currently rising.

You can play with markets all you like - and I am glad you put 'wisdom' in quotes - But the market will dilly dally until the anecdotal becomes fact... which will be sometime around the 5th. Till then, the shorts take the money from the rubes. But you can't get back poor sales. That's all beer under the bridge.

And I bet they are dancing in the hallways at Miller/Coors.

Baloney.  Are you telling me that there isn't a single market investor who knows all about this supposed "redneck 'Oh HELL NO!'" that you claim is rising?  It must be some sort of super-secret that nobody outside of non-investor rednecks knows about.  Because otherwise, it's already been priced into the market.

That's the thing about market efficiency, particularly when there is substantial liquidity, substantial availability of fungible product (i.e., shares of stock), and the ability to trade both long and short, as well as options.

The market might be getting it wrong, but that is highly unlikely.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2023, 07:09:01 pm »
Baloney.  Are you telling me that there isn't a single market investor who knows all about this supposed "redneck 'Oh HELL NO!'" that you claim is rising?  It must be some sort of super-secret that nobody outside of non-investor rednecks knows about.  Because otherwise, it's already been priced into the market.

That's the thing about market efficiency, particularly when there is substantial liquidity, substantial availability of fungible product (i.e., shares of stock), and the ability to trade both long and short, as well as options.

The market might be getting it wrong, but that is highly unlikely.

NOT baloney. You piss off country folks, you don't come back from that. And MEN in general. Not forgiving. And marketing flies in the face of that all the time. And markets are blind to it. But every now and then there is an 'Oh Hell No!" moment... Penny's, Target, New Coke, Gillette...

I am betting this is one of them. This could be the thing that knocks woke index bullshit right out of the markets... Ain't saying it is, but it sure could be.

And if it is no biggie, why are they squirming so much?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2023, 07:13:59 pm »
NOT baloney. You piss off country folks, you don't come back from that. And MEN in general. Not forgiving. And marketing flies in the face of that all the time. And markets are blind to it. But every now and then there is an 'Oh Hell No!" moment... Penny's, Target, New Coke, Gillette...

I am betting this is one of them. This could be the thing that knocks woke index bullshit right out of the markets... Ain't saying it is, but it sure could be.

And if it is no biggie, why are they squirming so much?

Whatever.  The fact that you aren't shorting the stock, however, tells me you don't believe what you're selling.  Why else turn down free money.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2023, 07:23:39 pm »
Whatever.  The fact that you aren't shorting the stock, however, tells me you don't believe what you're selling.  Why else turn down free money.

I don't give a sh*t about money. I've said that consistently. As for believing what I am selling.... I haven't bought a Gillette product in a very damn long time.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2023, 07:28:19 pm »
I don't give a sh*t about money. I've said that consistently. As for believing what I am selling.... I haven't bought a Gillette product in a very damn long time.

And yet, Gillette continues to be a going concern.  Guess that red-neck veto doesn't count for much.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2023, 07:38:49 pm »

And yet, Gillette continues to be a going concern.  Guess that red-neck veto doesn't count for much.

You have me confused with someone else... I don't think Bud is going to crater. Neither did I think Gillette would.

Wait and see...I have called it so far... Although I thought the patriotic videos would start AFTER the heads of board members rolling... Still betting... Hindershine gets her walking papers, publicly, this week. They have only 2 weeks of damage control before their sales numbers come out.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2023, 07:45:52 pm »
You have me confused with someone else... I don't think Bud is going to crater. Neither did I think Gillette would.

Wait and see...I have called it so far... Although I thought the patriotic videos would start AFTER the heads of board members rolling... Still betting... Hindershine gets her walking papers, publicly, this week. They have only 2 weeks of damage control before their sales numbers come out.

Ok, so now you don't think Bud is going to suffer from the trannie ad, either?  In other words, the red-neck veto is toothless.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2023, 08:14:49 pm »
Ok, so now you don't think Bud is going to suffer from the trannie ad, either?  In other words, the red-neck veto is toothless.

No, I did not say that... They are suffering already.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2023, 08:24:58 pm »

No, I did not say that... They are suffering already.

The market says otherwise.  The pain, if any, is minor.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2023, 08:40:04 pm »
The market says otherwise.  The pain, if any, is minor.

Well, the 'wisdom' of the market welcomes woke indexes and its woke overlords, so...

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2023, 09:37:06 pm »

I actually figured I could have been substantantailly more wealthy if I had played the short game. But realize that those who profit on this method, are at the expense often of those long term investors who may be employees, and have their 401K's and retirements dependent.

For that reason, I consider Hedgers among the most vile and sleazy on earth.  I took extreme joy when a few in their ranks got whacked with the Gamestop and AMC event on Reddit a little while back.

If shorting was outlawed our financial institutions would be a lot more respected and trusted that is for sure.