Author Topic: HBO Refuses To Cave To Woke Mob, Backs J.K. Rowling  (Read 2956 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
HBO Refuses To Cave To Woke Mob, Backs J.K. Rowling
« on: April 14, 2023, 03:14:18 pm »
HBO Refuses To Cave To Woke Mob, Backs J.K. Rowling As Executive Producer On ‘Harry Potter’ TV Series

HBO voiced its support for author J.K. Rowling being an executive producer on the upcoming “Harry Potter” TV series amid numerous attacks against her by trans activists.

During the Max streaming event, officials confirmed that a TV series based off the seven-book series from Rowling will move forward, the Hollywood Reporter reported.

Officials said the long-form series will be rolled out over a 10-year period and be faithful to the book series, with Rowling as one of its producers.

The series, featuring a new cast, promises to be "authentic to the original books", which will see author JK Rowling serve as an executive producer https://t.co/Y9BME9BTyV

— Sky News (@SkyNews) April 13, 2023

“J.K. is an executive producer, and her insights will be helpful,” Casey Bloys, chairman and CEO, HBO and Max Content said. “We are in the Harry Potter business.”

“The TV show is new and exciting, but we’ve been in the Harry Potter business for 20 years; this isn’t a new decision,” Bloys added. “We’re comfortable being in the Potter business. ”

“J.K. is a very online conversation … It’s very nuanced and complicated and not something we’re going to get into,” the CEO continued. “Our priority is what’s onscreen. The Harry Potter story is incredibly affirmative and positive about love and acceptance, and that’s our priority, what’s on the screen.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/hbo-refuses-to-cave-to-woke-mob-backs-j-k-rowling-as-executive-producer-on-harry-potter-tv-series

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Re: HBO Refuses To Cave To Woke Mob, Backs J.K. Rowling
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 03:35:48 pm »
Good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 03:54:55 pm »
This is kind of like all the left wing woke pukes who wanted Spotify to fire Rogan and his pod cast after the COVID bs. ....

Yeah, right........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 06:25:10 pm »
That Budweiser collapse may be the best thing that could have happened.
The 'trans mafia' have had the curtain raised to reveal 0.01% of the population.
The whole 'Gay wave' washing over America the last two years, has crashed.
They lost their mojo. They lost their fear factor. Who cares what a handful of weirdos think?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 09:55:07 am »
The 'trans mafia' have had the curtain raised to reveal 0.01% of the population.
They lost their mojo. They lost their fear factor. Who cares what a handful of weirdos think?
Frankly, I am surprised they ever did.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 03:22:19 pm »

What Budweiser collapse would that be?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2023, 03:55:14 pm »

Imbev's international, and Bud Light just one of dozens and dozens of products.  Yeah, they'll notice and feel it a tad, but they have solid financials, and an overall business model that relies on addiction.

They aren't failing. We need to temper our expectations.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2023, 03:57:36 pm »
Imbev's international, and Bud Light just one of dozens and dozens of products.  Yeah, they'll notice and feel it a tad, but they have solid financials, and an overall business model that relies on addiction.

While I agree they may be 'too big to fail', boycott all their products, keep doing it, and let them suffer that loss of market share and revenue. It may not be company killing, but it will hurt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2023, 03:59:32 pm »

Exactly.  To put that recent stock price drop into perspective:  InBev's market capitalization is about $110 billion right now, (1.7 billion shares outstanding, with a per-share price of about $64.9 right now), so a $3 billion drop is, almost literally, a drop in the bucket.  And the stock price has stabilized and is now going back up again.

Also, as even the company would admit - since it was the basis for trying to take the brand in a new direction in the first place - Bud Light represents a fairly small, and shrinking, part of their portfolio of products, so a Bud Light boycott, even if perfect and 100%, would not put much of a serious dent in their product portfolio.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2023, 04:03:00 pm »
Exactly.  To put that recent stock price drop into perspective:  InBev's market capitalization is about $110 billion right now, (1.7 billion shares outstanding, with a per-share price of about $64.9 right now), so a $3 billion drop is, almost literally, a drop in the bucket.  And the stock price has stabilized and is now going back up again.

Also, as even the company would admit - since it was the basis for trying to take the brand in a new direction in the first place - Bud Light represents a fairly small, and shrinking, part of their portfolio of products, so a Bud Light boycott, even if perfect and 100%, would not put much of a serious dent in their product portfolio.

In other words.....   Bud Light can be and likely is the ESG Sacrifical Lamb, while all the other beverage stablemates chug right along.

Actually pretty smart.....  Especailly when you factor in market share, and overall U.S. part of their sales.

https://marketrealist.com/p/is-ab-inbev-a-monopoly/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 04:06:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2023, 04:16:27 pm »
While I agree they may be 'too big to fail', boycott all their products, keep doing it, and lt them suffer that loss of market share and revenue. It may not be company killing, but it will hurt.

Considering their stranglehold on overall market share, I am guessing that BUD (Inbev) is banking on pissed off customers just tuning into another brand.  Also, there has always been a history that boycotts tend not to last more than a year.  The consumer gets mad, and then it tends to fade.  And then add the point the "freaks" may end up being the loyal base of that product.  With as large and varied roster of beverages, they can get away with it.

Finally, I'd venture that Bud has an army of business analyst who already have this pre-planned for execution.   I gave an example of negative advertsing a few weeks ago, that I think people tend to forget.  I remember a furniture store that did the most annoying awful ad in history.  They screamed and yelled their name and procuct for a solid 30 seconds in their late night ad.  Found out later the ditty they created made their sales go up 400%.  Matress Mack in Houston did pretty much the same.   And here is another one from several years ago, that was so amateur, and campy that it made their sales rocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2023, 04:17:52 pm »
In other words.....   Bud Light can be and likely is the ESG Sacrifical Lamb, while all the other beverage stablemates chug right along.

Actually pretty smart.....  Especailly when you factor in market share, and overall U.S. part of their sales.

https://marketrealist.com/p/is-ab-inbev-a-monopoly/

Yup.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2023, 06:36:38 pm »

More than we know, I think... That's why the Bud Light thing has all my attention right now...
Means WAY way more than any the political gossip...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2023, 06:38:05 pm »

They can paint stock prices. They can't paint sales. Wait till the 5th.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2023, 06:56:37 pm »

Like I said earlier.....   This is one beverge out of a probably near a  100 for this company  And we are one country out of over 200.  I still think this particular aspect of the Inbev line is being set out as the sacrifical ESG lamb, while the rest of the stable can operate without the left hassling them. 

I can see a scenario where this actually works out for them....   In the long run.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2023, 06:59:36 pm »
Like I said earlier.....   This is one beverge out of a probably near a  100 for this company  And we are one country out of over 200.  I still think this particular aspect of the Inbev line is being set out as the sacrifical ESG lamb, while the rest of the stable can operate without the left hassling them. 

I can see a scenario where this actually works out for them....   In the long run.

It is the biggest selling brand in the world, I believe... Bud Light stands alone, at the top. For a decade or more.
Corona is coming on, but you've got to be crazy to slaughter your best brand.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2023, 07:10:09 pm »
It is the biggest selling brand in the world, I believe... Bud Light stands alone, at the top. For a decade or more.
Corona is coming on, but you've got to be crazy to slaughter your best brand.

Not if its primary consuming demographic in declne.  I know at the 300 foot level this looks like a disaster, but I have been investing long enough to know that there is some ulterior motive. At 30,000 feet someone is looking out 5-7 years, and they see something the rest of us don't.

An example I gave a few minutes ago, was Coke.  When they came out with New Coke there was talk of pending doom and gloom, while in some corporate marketing backroom, some genius figured out to give the folks what they want, and rebrand and intensify "Classic Coke"

There's something up their sleeves, besides an onset on bad press.  Watch them somehow manipulate that bad press, into some marketing scheme.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2023, 07:25:33 pm »
None. Nothing at all happened. Everything is exactly the same. Nevermind. LOL
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2023, 07:44:05 pm »
None. Nothing at all happened. Everything is exactly the same. Nevermind. LOL

I am guessing the 2025 frogs are going to tell the traneeee. Wassss- Up!!!!!!!!!!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2023, 08:23:03 pm »
Not if its primary consuming demographic in declne.  I know at the 300 foot level this looks like a disaster, but I have been investing long enough to know that there is some ulterior motive. At 30,000 feet someone is looking out 5-7 years, and they see something the rest of us don't.

An example I gave a few minutes ago, was Coke.  When they came out with New Coke there was talk of pending doom and gloom, while in some corporate marketing backroom, some genius figured out to give the folks what they want, and rebrand and intensify "Classic Coke"

There's something up their sleeves, besides an onset on bad press.  Watch them somehow manipulate that bad press, into some marketing scheme.

Well, yeah, but nah. I think you are giving them way to much credit.

Declining demographic? The world is running out of men? Real life redneck and blue collar? We'd better hope not or everyone will go hungry and the lights won't come on.

No their problem is market saturation and a shifting market toward expensive microbrews. You don't fix that with a tranny on your Joe Six-Pack beer.

More likely they are in a plastic Harvard bubble and completely out of touch with their market... Thinking Joe Six-Pack would take it in the butt like all the rest of society against the woke.

THEY THOUGHT WRONG.  :silly:

I don't see their demise. I am seeing something close to you in the layout, and called it nearing a week ago.

First they'd be quiet, hoping it would pass - Yesterday was their first peep on Social media since this started - And they got slaughtered.

Then comes the lawyerese non apology. - That happened yesterday, hoping the weekend would buffer the thing.

Now they know they are being taken to the woodshed.
This week heads will begin to roll... They will lay the whole thing on that marketing VP chick (rightly) and see if that's enough. It won't be.

Then comes the very honest apology, board members retiring, maybe even the CEO... And lots of groveling.

And a promised turn around... And that promise will be kept in spades.

'Murica...
REAL hot chicks in shorts and heels delivering sammiches and beers
REAL MEN as heroes on the cans... oil workers, firemen, cops, cowboys...
a GIANT 4th of July extravaganza
Maybe even Clydesdales bowing to baby Jesus at Christmas...

They can fix it. It will suck. Hard. But that's the way it will go.
I don't think they will go away. Too iconic. Unless they keep doubling down on homos and trannys.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2023, 01:10:38 am »

Ahh, because stock prices never reflect expected future results.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2023, 01:23:42 am »
Ahh, because stock prices never reflect expected future results.

Oh they can... But many, like you, consider it a tempest in a teapot... Many buy in to take advantage of the volatility... Or it may be getting painted in the short term... But when sales go way off... Watch what the market does then. Ain't enough paint in the world to cover that up.

And if they weren't in trouble, why are they following the 'Oh sh*t, we're in trouble' script?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2023, 01:26:09 am »
Oh they can... But many, like you, consider it a tempest in a teapot... Many buy in to take advantage of the volatility... Or it may be getting painted in the short term... But when sales go way off... Watch what the market does then. Ain't enough paint in the world to cover that up.

And if they weren't in trouble, why are they following the 'Oh sh*t, we're in trouble' script?

:mauslaff:

Please.  They aren't following an "Oh shit" script, and Bud Light was a dying brand anyways.  Tempest in an empty keg, more like.

Markets aren't stupid.  If there was a real risk, it would be priced in to the stock.  It isn't.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 01:29:12 am by Kamaji »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2023, 01:32:18 am »
:mauslaff:

Please.  They aren't falling an "Oh shit" script, and Bud Light was a dying brand anyways.  Tempest in an empty keg, more like.

The number one beer in America is dying?

And SURE they are following the 'Oh sh*t' script... Silent on Social media... Deleted Linked in and others. The CEO is disappeared, and Hindershine is ghosted. The non-apology apology... It's textbook so far.

All we can do is watch and see... But I think it's gonna be a fun week, as heads start rolling. Starting with Hindershine.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2023, 01:35:48 am »
The number one beer in America is dying?

And SURE they are following the 'Oh sh*t' script... Silent on Social media... Deleted Linked in and others. The CEO is disappeared, and Hindershine is ghosted. The non-apology apology... It's textbook so far.

All we can do is watch and see... But I think it's gonna be a fun week, as heads start rolling. Starting with Hindershine.

:shrug:

How many shares have you shorted?