Author Topic: Textbook Case: Texas School District Flounders Under Biden’s Border Failure  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Textbook Case: Texas School District Flounders Under Biden’s Border Failure
April 10, 2023

This year, FAIR calculated that illegal immigration is costing Americans nearly $80 billion in added K-12 education expenditures. A deep dive into one rural Texas school district highlights a fiscal, academic and social collapse in the making.

Though Cleveland Independent School District (CISD), in Liberty, Texas, is 400 miles from the southern border, it has been inundated by thousands of migrant children. In the past decade, enrollment has tripled to more than 10,000, with the Hispanic student cohort — including large numbers of non-English speakers — soaring from 40 percent to 90 percent.

As President Joe Biden’s sieve-like immigration policies flood America with border crossers, CISD projects that its enrollment will double in size by 2026, with migrant children continuing to drive the increase. Per a narrow 5-4 Supreme Court ruling in 1982, Plyler v. Doe, all K-12 public schools must enroll whoever shows up on the doorstep.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/04/10/textbook-case-texas-school-district-flounders-under-bidens-border-failure
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson