Author Topic: Mexican man sentenced for smuggling over 8 kilos of narcotics in candy box following HSI, federal pa  (Read 103 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
APRIL 14, 2023MCALLEN, TXNARCOTICS
Mexican man sentenced for smuggling over 8 kilos of narcotics in candy box following HSI, federal partner investigation

McALLEN, Texas — A Mexican citizen was sentenced today to more than 12 years in federal prison following his conviction for smuggling cocaine and methamphetamines. The investigation was conducted by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) with help from U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

On April 13, a federal judge sentenced Nestor Alan Garcia, 28, of Monterrey, Mexico, to serve 144 months in prison to be immediately followed by five years of supervised release. At the hearing, the court heard arguments on whether Garcia had a larger role in the conspiracy beyond his participation as a transporter. The court heard that Garcia should receive an appropriate sentence based on the amount and purity of the drugs he and others smuggled into the country. Following a four-day trial, the jury deliberated for approximately 45 minutes before returning a guilty verdict Sept. 22, 2022, on all six counts as charged.

“As a consequence of his drug trafficking activity, this defendant will spend more than 12 years in federal prison,” said HSI San Antonio acting Special Agent in Charge Craig Larrabee. “HSI will continue to work closely with our law enforcement partners to protect our communities and bring drug smugglers to justice.”

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/mexican-man-sentenced-smuggling-over-8-kilos-narcotics-candy-box-following-hsi
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson