Author Topic: Importing Poverty Is Making America Poor  (Read 368 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Importing Poverty Is Making America Poor
« on: April 14, 2023, 02:26:23 pm »
Importing Poverty Is Making America Poor
The United States is not King Midas,
and the gold is running out. 

By Brian Lonergan
April 12, 2023

For much of the post-World War II era, America has been expected by many of its citizens to be a benevolent King Midas to the rest of the world. We have attained unprecedented levels of prosperity, and we are expected to share that with anyone seeking to improve their conditions.

While such philanthropy may cause hearts to swell with good feelings, it often comes at a steep price. At a time when America is showing all the characteristics of an empire in decline, that price has now become a crippling burden.

One of the most irksome talking points anti-borders activists repeat endlessly is that “America is the wealthiest country on Earth.” This is based on data showing the United States has the highest concentration of millionaires and the largest gross domestic product. 

There is trouble, however, below that hyper-affluent upper level. The share of American adults who live in middle-class households has shrunk by 11 percent in the last 50 years. The gross federal debt sits at an all-time high of over $31 trillion. China is working aggressively to supplant the United States as the global superpower and is attacking our currency, military supremacy, and access to vital natural resources, among other areas. Our current leadership seems interested not in reversing America’s deterioration, but rather in managing it better than the opposition party.

https://amgreatness.com/2023/04/12/importing-poverty-is-making-america-poor/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Importing Poverty Is Making America Poor
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 09:36:02 pm »
"diversity is our strength"...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 10:39:12 pm »
It's clearly evident the mass majority of them have no education or marketable skills...I see them on the corners here hawking fruit, flowers, shaved ice, you name it, all day, practically everyday.

At least they're polite and working at what they can, I'll say that.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 04:52:36 am »
Well,that IS the plan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!