Author Topic: Biden announces Medicaid, ObamaCare access for DACA recipients  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden announces Medicaid, ObamaCare access for DACA recipients
by: Rafael Bernal, The Hill

Posted: Apr 13, 2023 / 01:33 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 13, 2023 / 01:41 PM CDT

The Biden administration on Thursday rolled out a plan to expand health care access for beneficiaries of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).

Under the plan, DACA recipients will become eligible to apply for Medicaid and to enroll in Affordable Care Act (ACA) insurance exchanges.

DACA beneficiaries are not currently eligible for those benefits, because their immigration status does not meet the current definition of “lawful presence” required to enroll in Medicaid and the ObamaCare exchanges.

Under the administration’s plan, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is preparing a new rule to amend that definition by the end of the month.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/health/biden-announces-medicaid-obamacare-access-for-daca-recipients/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson