Author Topic: Nashville Flower Shop Refuses to Serve Republican Event After Christian School Shooting  (Read 419 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nashville Flower Shop Refuses to Serve Republican Event After Christian School Shooting

Paul Bois 13 Apr 2023

A flower shop in Nashville refused to serve a Republican event and has urged other businesses to follow suit, citing the recent shooting at a Christian school.

Alex Vaughn and Quinn Kiesow, owners of FLWR Shop, said that they “immediately declined” to provide decorations to the Republican National Committee (RNC) fundraiser and encouraged “others in the Nashville event industry to say no to taking money or jobs from the Republican Party until they begin to make the changes to gun laws that most Americans are calling for.”

In a statement responding to the request, the owners said that while they respect their conservative customers, they felt that the speakers at the RNC event, which includes former President Donald Trump and former Vice President Mike Pence, go “beyond our comfort level.”

Citing the recent shooting at the Christian Covenant School, the owners said they “cannot ignore the work the RNC has done to create this tragedy and so many others like it.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/13/nashville-flower-shop-refuses-republican-event-christian-school-shooting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Bye-bye.  Plenty of other florists out there in the big wide world.

Offline LMAO

I’m sure that they’re gonna get the same treatment as the bakery that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding, right?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I’m sure that they’re gonna get the same treatment as the bakery that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding, right?

My thought exactly.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

I hope it works out well for them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I hope it works out well for them.
Where there's a wilt, there's a way...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis