Author Topic: Burger King franchise with 118 restaurants files for bankruptcy after accruing debts of $14million t  (Read 790 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Burger King franchise with 118 restaurants files for bankruptcy after accruing debts of $14million triggering closures across six states: Will your local be closing?

Higher costs and wages had hurt the company looking to build back after Covid
    Follows separate closure of 26 outlets this month, with 424 staff losing jobs

By James Reynolds

Published: 08:09 EDT, 13 April 2023 | Updated: 10:25 EDT, 13 April 2023

A Burger King franchise with more than 100 locations nationally will close locations across six states having reportedly racked up $14mn in debt.

Meridian Restaurants Unlimited filed for bankruptcy in March, struggling with rising food costs and poor sales.

Court filings previously revealed the company was closing 27 stores in Minnesota, Utah, Montana, Kansas, Nebraska and North Dakota.

The franchisee said it was 'possible, if not likely' they would be pressed to close more stores as they negotiated rent and operational improvements with landlords.

Burger King has had to close stores across the country as owners struggle to negotiate rent and profits fall as food and wage costs soar.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11968777/Burger-King-franchise-118-restaurants-files-bankruptcy-accruing-debts-14million.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
This is what "social justice" @ $15+ an hour gets you...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There isn't one within 100 miles, but the only time I ever ate at one I didn't get it "my way". I had gone through the drive through and left the burger for the coyotes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
This is what "social justice" @ $15+ an hour gets you...

And a product that tastes like its from the Rat's Ass.

How this company has survived, with such better alternatives (In And Out, Whataburger, even Wendy's) , is quite a mystery.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

And a product that tastes like its from the Rat's Ass.

How this company has survived, with such better alternatives (In And Out, Whataburger, even Wendy's) , is quite a mystery.

Pricing, brand loyalty, and different tastes.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Pricing, brand loyalty, and different tastes.

lol... I understand the concept of taste differential, but honestly is there one person on earth who will say that a Whopper is better than the comparable product at Whataburger or In and Out?    Any brand loyalty to that creepy King, is akin to being Biden Hair Sniffing....Just don't see it. And why they are losing market share quicker than displaced water in a sinking ship.   

And to the final parameter of price and getting full..... If that is was a factor, just drop a 5 at your local Taco Bell. Outside the gastrointestinal stress, it'll be the same "end" result.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

lol... I understand the concept of taste differential, but honestly is there one person on earth who will say that a Whopper is better than the comparable product at Whataburger or In and Out?    Any brand loyalty to that creepy King, is akin to being Biden Hair Sniffing....Just don't see it. And why they are losing market share quicker than displaced water in a sinking ship.   

And to the final parameter of price and getting full..... If that is was a factor, just drop a 5 at your local Taco Bell. Outside the gastrointestinal stress, it'll be the same "end" result.

Pricing is always a factor - Econ 101.

Offline catfish1957

Pricing is always a factor - Econ 101.

I love it.  Pricing is very much a factor in 95% of commerce. 

But when comes to rot gut burgers, you are at a demographic, that also has the option of Food Banks, Shelters, and Snack Sampling Kiosks at Sams.   :cool:

Offline Kamaji

I love it.  Pricing is very much a factor in 95% of commerce. 

But when comes to rot gut burgers, you are at a demographic, that also has the option of Food Banks, Shelters, and Snack Sampling Kiosks at Sams.   :cool:

Again, that is your personal, subjective preference, and thus not everyone's preference.  Personally, where I live, we have a smashburger, one or two other little boutique burger places, and a BK, and I generally prefer the BK burgers to the others.  The smashburger, in particular, is way over-salted.

Offline catfish1957

Again, that is your personal, subjective preference, and thus not everyone's preference.  Personally, where I live, we have a smashburger, one or two other little boutique burger places, and a BK, and I generally prefer the BK burgers to the others.  The smashburger, in particular, is way over-salted.

Again each to their own.  I really dislike their product, and....    I am not normally swayed by Ad Campaigns but.....

Offline Kamaji

Again each to their own.  I really dislike their product, and....    I am not normally swayed by Ad Campaigns but.....

Agreed; to each their own.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Anecdotally, if I have to eat at a fast food buger joint I have found Burger King to have filthy bathrooms and dining area's.   I only stop at Wendy's, The Chic, or Arby's these days.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

I will!  I was always in love with Whataburger UNTIL the owners sold the company and our Whataburger took on new management.  I've never had a warm Whataburger since and the buns were ice cold.  I quit going about and wasting my money.  The prices kept going up and quality kept going down.  A Burger King opened up and I decided to give them a try.  Quality was extremely good.  My go to burger is a Mustard Whopper no ketchup, no mayo.  It's a winner every time. I also take advantage of their coupons. 

Offline catfish1957

I will!  I was always in love with Whataburger UNTIL the owners sold the company and our Whataburger took on new management.  I've never had a warm Whataburger since and the buns were ice cold.  I quit going about and wasting my money.  The prices kept going up and quality kept going down.  A Burger King opened up and I decided to give them a try.  Quality was extremely good.  My go to burger is a Mustard Whopper no ketchup, no mayo.  It's a winner every time. I also take advantage of their coupons.

Our Whataburger has maintained its quality, but can understand how this corporate move may have hurt others.  And to the comment about BK?  I haven't been to one since Reagan was POTUS, but at the time it rightfully met "Rat's Ass" status.  Just don't think I could gumption a visit just based on those memories.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anecdotally, if I have to eat at a fast food buger joint I have found Burger King to have filthy bathrooms and dining area's.   I only stop at Wendy's, The Chic, or Arby's these days.

Among the places you will NEVER find me in are Arby's and KFC. I got deathly sick after a visit to Arby's years ago and can't get the experience out of my memory bank. KFC just plain SUCKS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Our Whataburger has maintained its quality, but can understand how this corporate move may have hurt others.  And to the comment about BK?  I haven't been to one since Reagan was POTUS, but at the time it rightfully met "Rat's Ass" status.  Just don't think I could gumption a visit just based on those memories.

The wife and I can have a nice sit-down dinner for about the same price as two Whataburger meals cost at our local joint these days.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 02:35:26 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

The wife and I can have a nice sit-down dinner for about the same price as two Whataburger meals costs at our local joint these days.

I know...  $8-$9 burgers are crazy.

Offline Kamaji

Well, if that's the benchmark, then I agree, 'cause back then they were much worse, quality-wise, than they are now.  Back in the early 1990s the only reason I went to the BK near college was for a bottomless cup of hot water near which used coffee grounds had been waved for a few seconds, so I could chain smoke and do homework or read.

Online LMAO

I haven’t been to a fast food place in ages

We have a local burger joint called “Gronks” in Superior and if you want a quality burger, and a good beer, there’s no finer place

Burgers are always cooked right and I always substitute a beef burger for a bison burger. However, they fill their glasses at the tap from the bottom, so don’t poke your finger on that little tab at the bottom of your glass. I learned that the hard way.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

I haven’t been to a fast food place in ages

We have a local burger joint called “Gronks” in Superior and if you want a quality burger, and a good beer, there’s no finer place

Burgers are always cooked right and I always substitute a beef burger for a bison burger. However, they fill their glasses at the tap from the bottom, so don’t poke your finger on that little tab at the bottom of your glass. I learned that the hard way.

There are a number of burger joints near where I work in NYC (Lex Ave. in the 50s), and the burgers are usually pretty good, but they're damned expensive.  There is Schnipper's which has a really good cheeseburger, but the burger, plus fries and a drink is about $20, which is way too pricey for standard lunch.  I only go there once every few months when I'm really craving a good burger.  Otherwise, there's a McDonald's not too far away where a QP, fries and drink is about $11; still too expensive to make it a regular habit, but more palatable, price-wise, than Schnippers.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, our Dairy Queen has some good burgers and is in the running for the best fries in town--oddly enough, with Pizza Hut (but you have to get them there).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis