Author Topic: Biden EPA’s EV Quotas Would Take Away Americans’ Freedom of Choice of Vehicles, Enrich China  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden EPA’s EV Quotas Would Take Away Americans’ Freedom of Choice of Vehicles, Enrich China
Diana Furchtgott-Roth / April 12, 2023

COMMENTARY BY

Diana Furchtgott-Roth is the director of the Center for Energy, Climate and Environment and the Herbert and Joyce Morgan Fellow at The Heritage Foundation.

The Biden administration on Wednesday announced plans to make cars more expensive for Americans, curb U.S. energy jobs, and make Chinese battery manufacturers richer.

The new proposed regulations from the Environmental Protection Agency would require new car sales to be 60% battery-powered electric by 2030 and 67% by 2032 in order for automakers to be in compliance with the new regulations, compared with fewer than 6% in 2022.

Electric vehicles are more dangerous, more expensive, and can take 45 minutes to recharge. Mandating a tenfold increase in sales of electric vehicles would take away Americans’ choice of vehicles and force them into unsafe ones.

Electric vehicles are not affordable for many Americans. The electric version of the Ford F-150 pickup truck, the bestselling vehicle in America, costs an additional $10,000. Those vehicles are not practical for Americans who live in cold states or who have to drive long distances.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/04/12/biden-epas-new-electric-vehicle-quotas-would-weaken-america-strengthen-china/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
America will rebel especially only when Fedzilla starts noticing 20 years from now when used IC engine vehicles are going for more than the EV garbage, and those POS start rusting on the lots.     As bad as this sounds right now, common sense, and reality will eventually prevail.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.