Author Topic: Inflation plummets to 2.7% in March in producer price index  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation plummets to 2.7% in March in producer price index
« on: April 13, 2023, 01:24:59 pm »
Inflation plummets to 2.7% in March in producer price index
Zachary Halaschak

Inflation plunged to a 2.7% annual rate in March, as measured by the producer price index — the lowest level in more than two years.

On a month-to-month basis, the wholesale price index declined by 0.5%, the Bureau of Economic Analysis reported Thursday morning — more encouraging inflation news. The decline was a shock to forecasters who expected a mild increase rather than an impressive drop. The PPI's headline number is now the lowest it has been since January 2021 and the monthly decrease was the biggest since March 2020.

The decline is an indication that inflationary pressures are abating in the face of the Federal Reserve’s campaign to slow economywide spending by hiking interest rates.

"Net, net, the economy is slowing with job layoffs rising and core producer prices cooling down," said Chris Rupkey, chief economist at FWDBONDS. "Producers are likely to cut consumers a break from the rapid price increases they have passed on over the last year. Core producer price inflation has been cut in half from year ago levels which shows the rapid Fed rate hikes since March 2022 are starting to bite."

Nevertheless, inflation is still running much hotter than the central bank’s target and dinging household purchasing power. Prices paid by producers eventually translate to prices paid by households.

Given the trendline over the past several months, it appears as though inflation as measured by the PPI peaked and is on its way down. Annual wholesale inflation reached its zenith in March 2022.

The Fed's target for inflation is 2%, although it uses a different gauge to assess the target.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/inflation-fell-to-2-7-in-march-in-producer-price-index
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Inflation plummets to 2.7% in March in producer price index
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 01:40:32 pm »
More here

April 13, 2023 8:32am EDT
Wholesale inflation unexpectedly tumbles 0.5% in March, biggest drop in 3 years
Inflation remains painfully high, continuing to squeeze US households

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/ppi-inflation-march-2023
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 01:51:51 pm »
Show of hands that "again" who believes these DOL lies.

To put those numbers  in perspective that means that your $5 item at the grocery store only went up a penny last month.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 03:41:22 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 03:08:18 pm »
Show of hands that "again" who believes these DOL lives.

To put those numbers  in perspective that means that your $5 item at the grocery store only went up a penny last month.

I no longer believe anything told me by government.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 04:14:17 pm »
Plunged?  Horse hockey. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.