Author Topic: Anheuser-Busch sheds nearly $5 billion in value since Bud Light’s Dylan Mulvaney pact sparked outrag  (Read 2238 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 12, 2023 4:18pm EDT
Anheuser-Busch sheds nearly $5 billion in value since Bud Light’s Dylan Mulvaney pact sparked outrage
'This is probably the biggest controversy we've seen in a long time,' industry expert tells Fox News Digital
By Brian Flood | Fox News

Beer juggernaut Anheuser-Busch has seen its value nosedive nearly $5 billion since Bud Light’s polarizing partnership with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney.

According to the Dow Jones Market Data Group, Bud Light's parent company is down 4.7 percent and has lost about $4.56 billion in market cap since March 31.

The beer maker’s stock shed more than 1.5% on Wednesday alone. The stock was $66.73 per share on March 31 and closed at $63.38 on Wednesday.

An analysis on the matter was first published in the New York Post.

Mulvaney, a trans activist and social media influencer who gained prominence when given an opportunity to interview President Biden about LGBTQ issues in 2022, revealed earlier this month that the beer company sent packs of Bud Light with her face printed on the cans as part of an ad for the beer company’s March Madness contest and as a way to celebrate a full year of "girlhood."

Mulvaney said the cans were her "most prized possession" on Instagram with a post featuring "#budlightpartner." A video then featured Mulvaney in a bathtub drinking a Bud Light beer as part of the campaign, but the pact was met with significant criticism.

Anheuser-Busch stock plummeting comes as country music singer John Rich said he pulled cases of Bud Light from his Nashville, Tennessee, bar as part of a boycott against Anheuser-Busch; conservative rocker Kid Rock used several Bud Light cases for target practice in a viral video; and there has been widespread backlash on social media while beer distributors are concerned.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/anheuser-busch-sheds-5-billion-value-since-bud-lights-dylan-mulvaney-pact-sparked-outrage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The 5 billion loss in stock only reflects the sell-off. 5 billion does not take into account how much they would have made without all the gay nonsense. The stock was trending UP on April 1. So not only did they lose 5 billion in existing value, they lost another 5 billion in unrealized gains that they would have made if they had stuck to sports, bikinis, and pickup trucks for advertising instead of some twink tranny in a bathtub.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

The 5 billion loss in stock only reflects the sell-off. 5 billion does not take into account how much they would have made without all the gay nonsense. The stock was trending UP on April 1. So not only did they lose 5 billion in existing value, they lost another 5 billion in unrealized gains that they would have made if they had stuck to sports, bikinis, and pickup trucks for advertising instead of some twink tranny in a bathtub.

It's turned into a Brew Ha-Ha  :whistle:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'No one at a senior level' was aware Bud Light had made the 'mistake' of partnering with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney - as parent company Anheuser-Busch loses $6BN in six days

Partnership with trans influencer Mulvaney has proved disastrous for Bud Light
    Sources claim the company's senior executives were unaware of the campaign

By David Averre

Published: 05:42 EDT, 13 April 2023 | Updated: 10:31 EDT, 13 April 2023

The polarizing marketing partnership between beer giant Bud Light and trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney was launched without approval from senior executives of parent company Anheuser-Busch (AB), according to a new report.

The partnership unveiled on April 1 drew intense backlash from some quarters, with musician Kid Rock posting a video of himself shooting at cases of Bud Light, and country singers John Rich and Travis Tritt dropping ties with the brand.

On the other side of the debate, podcaster Joe Rogan and shock jock Howard Stern have both slammed the furious backlash as overblown, with Rogan saying: 'I think it’s goofy.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11967949/No-one-senior-level-aware-Bud-Light-partnering-trans-influencer-Dylan-Mulvaney.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
'No one at a senior level' was aware Bud Light had made the 'mistake' of partnering with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney - as parent company Anheuser-Busch loses $6BN in six days

Partnership with trans influencer Mulvaney has proved disastrous for Bud Light
    Sources claim the company's senior executives were unaware of the campaign

By David Averre

Published: 05:42 EDT, 13 April 2023 | Updated: 10:31 EDT, 13 April 2023

The polarizing marketing partnership between beer giant Bud Light and trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney was launched without approval from senior executives of parent company Anheuser-Busch (AB), according to a new report.

The partnership unveiled on April 1 drew intense backlash from some quarters, with musician Kid Rock posting a video of himself shooting at cases of Bud Light, and country singers John Rich and Travis Tritt dropping ties with the brand.

On the other side of the debate, podcaster Joe Rogan and shock jock Howard Stern have both slammed the furious backlash as overblown, with Rogan saying: 'I think it’s goofy.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11967949/No-one-senior-level-aware-Bud-Light-partnering-trans-influencer-Dylan-Mulvaney.html

These dimwits will soon realize that it isn't just Bud Lite that has been torpedoed.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

Sounds like some Board Members and Executives need to be fired.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Sounds like some Board Members and Executives need to be fired.
Why? According to management they had nothing to do with it. The whole thing was done by an intern in the mailroom.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I hope everyone realizes that until we rid ourselves of  the Hedge Fund financial ESG driven oligarchs like Blackrock ....  nothing is going to change.  They have an ironclad stranglehold on the puppet strings of the economic engine driving this nation.

I'll just leave it at that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

If the Board Members and Executives have nothing to do with it, what is it they do?

For what do they give themselves raises, bonuses, and stock options, at the expense of their shareholders?

If they do nothing that ads value to the company for its shareholders, they are stealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw

Why? According to management they had nothing to do with it. The whole thing was done by an intern in the mailroom.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

I called it... Shoveling the blame onto that VP chick... she will be getting walking papers before the end of next week...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"...if you or any member of your team is caught we will disavow any knowledge of your actions...This tape will self-destruct in five seconds."

(Mission Impossible--the show)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Bud Light Now Claims ‘Mistake’ Led To Company's Paid Marketing Engagement With Trans Influencer
 By Steve Straub
Published April 13, 2023 at 11:30am

New details have emerged regarding the controversial partnership between Anheuser-Busch’s Bud Light and transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, shedding light on the company’s alleged internal response to the situation.

Sources close to the matter claim that “no one at the senior level” of the company was aware of the polarizing partnership.

Anheuser-Busch is reportedly pausing its marketing efforts and scrambling to implement a more “robust” process for evaluating future influencer partnerships. ...

Conservative activist Rogan O’Handley, known as DC Draino on Twitter, claimed that sources inside the company informed him that C-level executives were angered by the marketing engagement with Mulvaney.  ...
The Federalist Papers
Will AB Inbev have the cojones to fire that idiot female VP (the one who hates "fratty" beers and their drinkers)?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

The Federalist Papers
Will AB Inbev have the cojones to fire that idiot female VP (the one who hates "fratty" beers and their drinkers)?

Bet on it... She will take the full weight FIRST... And if that ain't enough, board level heads will roll...
They are about to hit full PANIC mode... A billion bucks or more a day is a BIG oh sh*t!  :silly:

This is beautiful.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm reminded of something Sherriff Buford T Justice once said about situations like this that AB finds themselves in.
This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk bleeps.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How's that CEI Index workin' for ya?
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

I underestimated the impact that the boycott of AB would have on it

It is still too early to make any solid declarations of their future but it looks like, at least in the short term, it’s having an impact
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't drink Bud anymore... it tastes like she/it.

Online mountaineer

I don't drink Bud anymore... it tastes like she/it.
I see what you did there.

Online Wingnut

Online Kamaji

Anheuser-Busch InBev S.A. ADR gained $1.7 Billion in market cap yesterday alone.

Online mountaineer

Anheuser-Busch InBev S.A. ADR gained $1.7 Billion in market cap yesterday alone.
What does that signify?

Newsweek analysis:
... However, suggesting Mulvaney's involvement in the company caused the $4 billion decrease is a matter of opinion.

While the Mulvaney controversy has plausibly influenced the valuation, in the context of heavy criticism and threats of boycotts among what is considered its traditional consumer base in the U.S., other factors were likely at play, too.

Mulvaney may have been the catalyst for some investors to rethink and take into consideration a number of pre-existing reasons for them to sell, as noted by analysts.  ...

"Right now, it looks like this ad campaign was a failed one, as it does not look like it generates additional sales and profits for the company," he wrote.

"That being said, it is also far from guaranteed that there will be a long-lasting negative impact from boycotts.

"Still, the ad campaign and the reaction by some customers add risks to an investment in BUD stock, and since BUD doesn't look like a good investment even without this new development, I doubt that BUD is a good buy today."  ...
Fact Check: Did Anheuser-Busch Lose $4bn Value Amid Dylan Mulvaney Issue?

Online Kamaji

What does that signify?

Newsweek analysis:Fact Check: Did Anheuser-Busch Lose $4bn Value Amid Dylan Mulvaney Issue?

About as much as the alleged loss of $5 Billion in value does - which is to say, in reality, not much.

However, one thing it does signify is that the Mulvaney idiocy is not tanking the company's stock, at least not at this point.  Perhaps if the boycotts of product continue for a long enough time, it might have an impact, but right now it looks like the market is indifferent to the Mulvaney idiocy, or has priced whatever eventual effect it will have into the stock price already.

Online roamer_1

I hear he's getting slayed on Twitter (main AB feed)

Online roamer_1

HAHAHAHAHAHA! D Tumpy Jr. calls for end of 'MAGA' strike against Bud Lite....

https://notthebee.com/article/donald-trump-junior-doesnt-want-us-to-boycott-bud-light-anymore

As IF...

This ain't a MAGA thing. This ain't even a Conservative thing.
It's a MAN thing. Maybe a REDNECK thing.
WAY bigger than politics.

And Tumpy and company have a very tin ear.