Author Topic: Walmart announces 4 Chicago store closings  (Read 610 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Walmart announces 4 Chicago store closings
« on: April 12, 2023, 02:20:56 pm »
The Great Urban Divestment is underway ...

https://abc7chicago.com/walmart-closing-stores-chatham-store-closings-chicago/13113537/
Walmart announces 4 Chicago store closings
ByLeah Hope and ABC7 Chicago Digital Team WLS logo
Tuesday, April 11, 2023 8:12PM

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Walmart announced Tuesday it will close four stores in Chicago on Sunday. ...

... In a news release, the company said in part, "Our Chicago stores have not been profitable since we opened the first one nearly 17 years ago - these stores lose tens of millions of dollars a year, and their annual losses nearly doubled in just the last five years. The remaining four Chicago stores continue to face the same business difficulties, but we think this decision gives us the best chance to help keep them open and serving the community." ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Walmart announces 4 Chicago store closings
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 06:45:23 am »
Interesting. I wonder why the stores were not profitable?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 12:55:59 pm »
Chicago will never recover.

The urban areas are going to continue to decay and the only reply  we’re going to  get from politicians is because of racism
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 01:33:34 pm »
Interesting. I wonder why the stores were not profitable?

I guess "Unchallenged Thievery" proved to be a poor business strategy...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 02:12:22 pm »
Just shows how addtionally woke Walmart is.  Stockholders should demand that all unprofitable store be put on short term objectives, fix their problems or be closed.  There is no reason on earth why a Walmart Store should not at least be minimalbly profitable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 02:20:03 pm »
Just shows how addtionally woke Walmart is.  Stockholders should demand that all unprofitable store be put on short term objectives, fix their problems or be closed.  There is no reason on earth why a Walmart Store should not at least be minimalbly profitable.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 02:20:39 pm »
Some liberal activists are anti-capitalist.  They pursue government policies to make businesses fail.  Walmarts will be replaced with Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift stores, if they are lucky.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 09:49:16 pm »
RINO snorts:
"Some liberal activists are anti-capitalist..."

Some...?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 09:59:45 pm »

Things have gone downhill for Walmart stores ever since Sam Walton passed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2023, 11:21:57 pm »
I guess "Unchallenged Thievery" proved to be a poor business strategy...
Seems like it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis