Author Topic: McDaniel defends pledge to back GOP nominee: 'It's about beating Biden'  (Read 136 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ronna McDaniel defends pledge to back GOP nominee: 'It's about beating Joe Biden'
by Ryan King, Breaking Politics Reporter |
April 12, 2023 09:10 AM

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel defended plans to compel 2024 GOP hopefuls to sign a pledge in order to participate in the debates.

"If I said I wouldn't support the nominee of our party, I'd be kicked out. So why would we host a debate stage without every candidate saying I'm going to support whoever the voters choose?" McDaniel told Fox News on Wednesday morning.

McDaniel has dismissed criticism of the pledge. Former President Donald Trump and former Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-AR) have raised concerns that a mandate to back the eventual nominee could compel them to back a candidate they don't support.

"It's about beating Joe Biden. It's about beating what's happening in this country right now, and we can only do that united. So we want every candidate to pledge that heading into this," she continued.

The first debate is set to take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which the RNC voted on back in February. McDaniel revealed Wednesday that Fox News has been selected as a moderator of the debate.

A date has not yet been set, but the debate is slated for sometime in August. McDaniel said, "We will know the date soon."

"It's in August in Milwaukee, really beautiful time to be in the Midwest," she quipped.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/ronna-mcdaniel-defends-pledge-announces-first-moderators
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If the wench had any honor or decency, she'd ask Trumpy to stop with the attack ads against an "unannounced candidate".

She's nothing but a shill.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
In fairness, that's her job.  If you're the national chair of the party, you should be committed to supporting whomever the party nominates.