Author Topic: Biden administration announces trilateral deal with Panama and Colombia to stop Darien Gap migration  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IMMIGRATION Published April 12, 2023 2:52am EDT
Biden administration announces trilateral deal with Panama and Colombia to stop Darien Gap migration
Last year, a record nearly 250,000 migrants, mostly Venezuelans, used the Darien route
By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday announced a series of new proposals to crack down on illegal immigration, contrasting his leadership with President Biden's handling of the border crisis.

The Biden administration announced a trilateral campaign with the United States, Panama and Colombia Tuesday that will aim to halt illegal migration through the Darien Gap, an area of dense jungle where tens of thousands of migrants have already crossed this year.

In a joint statement, the three countries said they will launch a 60-day campaign to try and curb the flow of migrants that reached nearly 90,000 in just the first three months of this year.

"Recognizing our shared interest and responsibility to prevent the risk to human life, disrupt transnational criminal organizations, and preserve the vital rainforest, the governments of Panamá, Colombia, and the United States intend to carry out a two-month coordinated campaign to address the serious humanitarian situation in the Darién," the statement said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-announces-trilateral-deal-panama-colombia-stop-darien-gap-migration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If ever there were two countries who could be relied on, Biden got the top of the barrel.   :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson