Author Topic: Rutgers students in limbo as faculty, staff strike for 2nd day  (Read 248 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Rutgers University remained at a standstill on Tuesday with faculty and staff union workers on strike for the second day, a historic first for New Jersey’s state school.

After nearly a year of bargaining for what they called a fair contract, unions representing the 9,000 faculty and staff members of the university decided to walk off the job.

“I've been working at Rutgers for almost 20 years and I'm not even at the middle of my pay grade yet,” said Denise Delafuente, a Rutgers staff member.

“It’s definitely not for the money. It is 100% for the love and the service have for my students,” said Tatiana Rodriguez who has worked for Rutgers since 2017. “I don't want the students to suffer. At the same time, this is a critical point.”

https://newjersey.news12.com/rutgers-strike-2023-students-limbo-faculty-staff-contracts-negotiations
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

Re: Rutgers students in limbo as faculty, staff strike for 2nd day
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 02:33:21 am »
I wish the article noted what these people are paid. I suspect it's not all that little.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org