Author Topic: The Dalai Lama apologizes for asking a young boy to suck his tongue  (Read 617 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Dalai Lama apologizes for asking a young boy to suck his tongue
NPR, Apr 10, 2023

The Dalai Lama has apologized for kissing a young boy on the lips and asking him to "suck my tongue" after a video of the incident sparked outrage on social media.

The 87-year-old Buddhist priest "regrets the incident" and wishes to apologize to "the boy and his family, as well as his many friends across the world, for the hurt his words may have caused," according to a statement published by his office on Monday.

"His Holiness often teases people he meets in an innocent and playful way, even in public and before cameras," the statement adds.

A video of the incident shared widely on social media shows a young boy approaching the Dalai Lama during an event, asking him for a hug.

The leader calls him on stage and motions to his cheek, saying "first here," according to a live translation from the event. The boy obliges, and the Dalai Lama offers a hug, then continues holding onto the boy.

The leader then motions to his lips, saying "I think here also." He cups the boy's chin and kisses him on the mouth as the audience laughs and applauds.

The Dalai Lama pauses, then adds, "and suck my tongue." The boy slowly moves his head closer to the Dalai Lama's but appears only to touch his forehead before withdrawing.

The incident happened at an event in February at the Tsuglagkhang Temple complex, where the Dalai Lama resides. In attendance were more than 120 students who completed a skills training course hosted by the M3M Foundation — a charity arm of a prominent Indian real estate group.

More:
https://www.npr.org/2023/04/10/1168962589/dalai-lama-apologizes-tongue-kiss

Re: The Dalai Lama apologizes for asking a young boy to suck his tongue
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 08:20:24 pm »
FTA:

In Tibet, sticking out one's tongue is known as a traditional greeting, stemming from a 9th-century myth about an unpopular king with a black tongue.

When the king died, Tibetans began revealing their tongues to show they hadn't become his incarnate. Tongue-sucking does not appear to be part of the tradition.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 08:26:50 pm »
Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

That Dalai Lama video was just disgusting

Imagine living in a country where an old man in power routinely mistreats children on camera like that

8:51 PM · Apr 10, 2023

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 08:29:53 pm »
Imagine living in a country where an old man in power routinely mistreats children on camera like that

Don't even think it, buster.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 08:32:19 pm »
I read the headline; that was as much as I wanted to read.  Lots of sickos out there. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 08:40:23 pm »
Disgusting. Perverted.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 08:45:09 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 08:56:40 pm »
We now now know The sound the Lama makes when he gets his tonged sucked.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 09:06:53 pm »
...but .... he did apologize.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 10:17:22 pm »
That poor kid. I cannot think of anything more disgusting.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2023, 12:55:18 am »
As mountaineer up above pointed out, we have our own pervert that abuses children every chance he can when he is around them.

All the photos of particularly young girls and Biden drooling over them like they are concubine candidates. 

What a disgusting pervert.  No mystery why this fool is pushing transgender.  Birds of a feather and such!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2023, 05:21:23 pm »
That poor kid. I cannot think of anything more disgusting.

Well, at least it was only his tongue.

Just sayin....