Author Topic: Move over, Bud Light. Now it's Oil of Olay.  (Read 345 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Move over, Bud Light. Now it's Oil of Olay.
« on: April 11, 2023, 04:44:44 pm »
Move over, Bud Light. Now it's Oil of Olay.
Karen Townsend 10:41 AM on April 11, 2023

Dylan Mulvaney finds himself in another product boycott controversy. This time the product is Oil of Olay, a facial moisturizer. He is one of several models in the online ad.

Mulvaney is an actor and social media star who has been documenting his transition for a year on TikTok. He’s a favorite character at the Biden White House, embraced by Joe Biden and spotlighted in a TikTok video with him. Name brands seem to be falling all over themselves to get him in one of their online ads, in a misguided kind of way. Why do major companies think it is ok to use male models to promote products for women?

Bud Light was the last controversial move with Dylan before the Oil of Olay ad surfaced on Monday. Here we go again. With Bud Light, both men and women drink that product so it wasn’t such an insult to women as something as gender-specific as skin care products are. The same is true of the line of sports bras he advertised. Newsflash, he doesn’t need a sports bra, and jumping around like a monkey on crack while wearing one was just stupid, besides insulting to women.

Welcome to the party, Oil of Olay. Why did you do it? Is it just for publicity to get a rise out of your consumer base? This ad is alleged to have been released in March and is now surfacing because people are going through his archive to look for ads. Now there are calls for a boycott of the brand.

https://twitter.com/OliLondonTV/status/1645424461825310728

more
https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/04/11/move-over-bud-light-now-its-oil-of-olay-n542998
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Move over, Bud Light. Now it's Oil of Olay.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 10:33:08 pm »
The only time I used Olay was when I got a free sample in the mail - about 20 years ago. Needless to say, it's not on my shopping list.

Emily Zanotti
@emzanotti
Some of y'all need to realize that companies with a trash product like Olay hire people like Dylan Mulvaney because your anger fuels the buying power of rich, white, suburban liberal women. Drag queens are booked out to 2025 now. Also, why were you using Olay. For Pete's sake.
2:50 PM · Apr 11, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 10:42:10 pm »
Alot of these companies that Womanface is marketing for are old established brands with so many better choices out there.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 10:56:44 pm »
Oil of Olay is an old brand; I tried it many years ago and it made my face breakout.

Tired of all this 'woke' crappola1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.