Author Topic: Alarm sounded over scheme to eliminate parental custody of children 12 and older  (Read 840 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND 4/10/2023

'And it doesn't matter what their parents think'

A commentary by Katrina Trinko, editor-in-chief of The Daily Signal, is warning of a California scheme that would, in essence, remove parental custody for children 12 and older.

It explains that a legislative plan, AB 665, concerning mental health care for lower-income people, would let a stranger give permission to children "as young as 12 years old to consent to being placed into state funded group homes without parental permission…"

The law wouldn’t even require that parents be informed of the situation.

"As long as a mental health professional signs off on it, the kids can go to such a group home – and it doesn't matter what their parents think," the report explained.

Erin Friday, a California mom of two teens, told the Daily Signal, "This bill gives a stranger, a school psychologist, power to decide whether a sixth or seventh grader comes home from school that day, and that’s terrifying.

"This bill is essentially stating that parents are criminals that have to prove their innocence to get their child back."

More: https://www.wnd.com/2023/04/alarm-sounded-scheme-eliminate-parental-custody-children-12-older/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Folks, it's California.
This will probably pass.
Perhaps easily...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Does that mean that parents of teenagers can hand them over to be raised as wards of the state?

After handing teenagers over to be wards of the state, does that mean the state would have to pickup the cost of college, healthcare, food, clothes, holiday gifts, and transportation?  Sounds like a financial liberation plan for parents of teenagers.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

////00000////

Does that mean that parents of teenagers can hand them over to be raised as wards of the state?

After handing teenagers over to be wards of the state, does that mean the state would have to pickup the cost of college, healthcare, food, clothes, holiday gifts, and transportation?  Sounds like a financial liberation plan for parents of teenagers.

I’d bet good money parents would still be on the hook for costs, and there will be provisions in there allowing the state to seize their assets without going to court first.

Offline mountaineer

Silly Californians! When will you learn the state owns your children?
     Apr 11, 2023
California bill to prevent schools secretly transitioning kids without parental consent won’t get hearing
A California bill that would have required teachers, school counsellors and other school staff to inform parents within three days if their child has adopted a transgender identity will not even be granted a first hearing.
Mia Ashton

A California bill that would have required teachers, school counselors, and other school staff to inform parents within three days if their child has adopted a transgender identity will not even be granted a first hearing.

AB 1314, authored by Assemblyman Bill Essayli, was assigned to the Assembly Education Committee chaired by Assemblyman Al Muratsuchi. On April 10, Muratsuchi announced that the bill would not even receive a first hearing “not only because the bill is proposing bad policy, but also because a hearing would potentially provide a forum for increasing hateful rhetoric targeting LGBTQ youth.”...
Full story at the Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

Silly Californians! When will you learn the state owns your children?Full story at the Post Millennial

The money quote:

“not only because the bill is proposing bad policy, but also because a hearing would potentially provide a forum for increasing hateful rhetoric targeting LGBTQ youth.”

:facepalm2:

No, it's objectionable simply because it is proposing extremely bad policy.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If this doesn't pass now, it will be "re-structured" and re-introduced at a later time...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
////00000////

What I see happening there, is the State will take the kids, the parents will lose control, the State will hire swarms of 'experts' to run their social camps, and send the bill to the parents.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis