Author Topic: City of El Paso May Outlaw Fossil Fuels  (Read 400 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
City of El Paso May Outlaw Fossil Fuels
« on: April 11, 2023, 11:08:26 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Katy Marshall April 10, 2023

Radical climate activists are pushing a ballot initiative to enforce “climate justice.”

A “radical” climate change activist group is promoting a charter amendment that would leave the City of El Paso dependent on unreliable energy sources.

The group Sunrise El Paso wrote a “climate charter” calling for the city to “use all available resources and authority” to limit its use of fossil fuels.

Sunrise El Paso is a self-described “radical” activist organization and a branch of the National Sunrise Movement, which promotes the “Green New Deal” and ending the “climate crisis.” The National Sunrise Movement receives funding from Democrat organizations, including liberal billionaire George Soros’ political action committee Democracy PAC, the Tides Foundation, and Grove Action Fund.

Citizens will vote on the charter, also known as Proposition K, on May 6, with early voting starting on April 24.

Last year, voters approved a $5 million proposition to fund a “City Climate Action Plan” to study El Paso’s climate impact. While the action plan focused on evaluation, the proposed climate charter would implement policies affecting fossil fuel companies’ operations.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/city-of-el-paso-may-outlaw-fossil-fuels/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: City of El Paso May Outlaw Fossil Fuels
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 01:19:46 pm »
Part of me screams no, but let them pass it and deal with the fallout. It can serve as a cautionary tale for the rest of the country.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 01:48:27 pm »
Part of me screams no, but let them pass it and deal with the fallout. It can serve as a cautionary tale for the rest of the country.

Exactly.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 01:58:49 pm »
The competitive free market capitalist in me screams, "Are you nuts?"

The petty vindictive cynical sarcastic pr*ck in me says, "Good luck with.  What could possibly go wrong?"
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 02:07:48 pm »
Meh, sounds like a well thought out plan.  What could go wrong?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.