Author Topic: Steven Tyler’s Teen Assault Defense Is ‘F-cking Insane,’ Legal Experts Say  (Read 291 times)

Offline libertybele

Steven Tyler’s Teen Assault Defense Is ‘F-cking Insane,’ Legal Experts Say

Three months after first being accused of sexual assault of a minor in a lawsuit last December, Steven Tyler finally responded to the claims last week, denying all the allegations and requesting for the case to be dismissed.

As Rolling Stone first reported in December, Julia Misley alleged in her suit that Tyler sexually assaulted and battered her in the 1970s starting when she was 16. She claimed Tyler convinced her mother to grant him guardianship over her and that they were together for about three years. She referenced Tyler’s own 2011 memoir in which he wrote that he “almost took a teen bride” and that the girl’s parents “signed a paper over for me to have custody, so I wouldn’t get arrested if I took her out of state.” Tyler also wrote that “she was sixteen, she knew how to nasty, and there wasn’t a hair on it.”

The suit further alleges that Tyler convinced Misley to get an abortion when she was 17, after she was hospitalized following an apartment fire. Writing about the experience decades later opened her up to “involuntary infamy,” Misley alleged.

The Aerosmith singer responded last week with two dozen affirmative defenses, from denying that plaintiff Julia Misley suffered any damages, to alleging that Misley “failed to mitigate” any alleged damages herself prior to filing suit. He didn’t deny that he’d had sex with Misley, and most notably, Tyler alleged in his response that Misley — who was 16 while he was 25 at the time of the allegations — consented to the sexual relationship, and that her claims were barred “because of immunity to Defendant as caretaker/guardian.”..............

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/steven-tyler-teen-assault-defense-153759565.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not surprising, I guess.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What happened in the 70's stays in the 70's.  Besides...she wanted it.  You all know she did.  Now she wants a pay day.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.