Author Topic: Poll: Trump's popularity near all-time low, majority of independents think he broke the law in wake  (Read 1955 times)

Offline kevindavis007

I know y'all in MAGA world are going to be angry with this, but maybe read a bit before writing "you guys just love to hate Trump" down in the comments.

Read More: https://notthebee.com/article/trumps-popularity-at-nearly-lowest-all-time-only-25-approval-among-all-voters-majority-of-independents-think-trump-broke-the-law-in-wake-of-arrest

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

Frankly, I'm sorry to see this.  Should DeSantis decide not to run, Hutchison and Haley are just really weak candidates.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

As long as Trump is the face of the GOP, prepare for more election losses. The DNC has a strategy that has worked well for them and it's running the "MAGA Republican" line

« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 12:12:50 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Frankly, I'm sorry to see this.  Should DeSantis decide not to run, Hutchison and Haley are just really weak candidates.

I have always held on to the position that, if there are any up and coming stars in the GOP, they need to wait until 2028 after Biden's(or Harris's) second term

The GOP 2024 nomination process is already a hot, wet mess. We need to expand our hold on the House and gain the Senate in 2024 with candidate's that  are tougher to tie to Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

I have always held on to the position that, if there are any up and coming stars in the GOP, they need to wait until 2028 after Biden's(or Harris's) second term

The GOP 2024 nomination process is already a hot, wet mess. We need to expand our hold on the House and gain the Senate in 2024 with candidate's that  are tougher to tie to Trump

And I have always held the position that this country under DEM/RINO leadership isn't going to make it until 2028.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And I have always held the position that this country under DEM/RINO leadership isn't going to make it until 2028.

I was just going to post something similar...we won't make it until 2028 or at least be able to correct what they did to the US
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

I was just going to post something similar...we won't make it until 2028 or at least be able to correct what they did to the US

Exactly.

Offline LMAO

I have Democrat relatives who stated that if Trump got re elected in 2020, the country would be finished

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

As far as the country goes, Woke Left vs. MAGA cult is not a prescription for stability.  Neither side is willing to live with the other, so the longer each controls its party, the more dangerous it becomes.

Offline NavyCanDo

Trying my hardest to get on the 2024 Trump Train, even if reluctantly but then he or one of his cult followers does or says something that makes me want to have no part of that.    Leading into the Easter weekend a follower on a Trump leaning FB page left this short comment, "Trump is Jesus". I as positive it was a Leftist Troll until opening up his FB page and he and his family were American as Apple Pie, A good looking church going patriotic  family from small town America. And there were not replies from anyone of the pages readers.    Then Trump on Easter the Holyiest Day in Christianity sends out a hateful Tweet to everyone from RINOS to Communist. Known for mean spirited Easter Tweets , this one being his nastiest.   Such a child.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

Trying my hardest to get on the 2024 Trump Train, even if reluctantly but then he or one of his cult followers does or says something that makes me want to have no part of that.    Leading into the Easter weekend a follower on a Trump leaning FB page left this short comment, "Trump is Jesus". I as positive it was a Leftist Troll until opening up his FB page and he and his family were American as Apple Pie, A good looking church going patriotic  family from small town America. And there were not replies from anyone of the pages readers.    Then Trump on Easter the Holyiest Day in Christianity sends out a hateful Tweet to everyone from RINOS to Communist. Known for mean spirited Easter Tweets , this one being his nastiest.   Such a child.

@NavyCanDo he's back to acting like a fifth grade bully.  Enough is enough.  I decided when he started casting stones at a really good conservative governor who still hasn't formally announced he's running to not vote for him.

An ex-president acting so very childish is going to cost him and likely the GOP the 2024 election.

Offline NavyCanDo

Even if All Republicans unite behind Trump, which I can't see happening, he has no chance of winning without the independent vote.   And we all know that this indictment and the other two that most certainly will follow are not about locking him up, but instead about destroying any chance the Independents will vote for him.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Reagan was never a pissy spoiled brat whiny little bitch after he didn't get the 1976 GOP Presidential nomination.

Trump needs to man up if he wants people to take him seriously again.

There are things worse than losing the 2020 Election, like incessantly whining about losing that election for years afterward.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Even if All Republicans unite behind Trump, which I can't see happening, he has no chance of winning without the independent vote.   And we all know that this indictment and the other two that most certainly will follow are not about locking him up, but instead about destroying any chance the Independents will vote for him.   

I think the indictment and following indictments are to prevent him from running again.

Hopefully the GOP will have more than just Haley and Hutchison willing to run and put up with the mudslinging from the left.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump will attempt to consume all the media oxygen to prevent GOP Primary alternatives from gaining traction.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump will attempt to consume all the media oxygen to prevent GOP Primary alternatives from gaining traction.

You're right...but I think DeSantis will be willing to roll the dice anyway.  He's going to be able to get his message out regardless because he has a lot of backers willing to buy airtime.  I had hoped he was going to be able to run an "I'll just ignore" Trump campaign without going after him personally, but Trump is intent on going after DeSantis personally so he'll have no choice but to respond.  It's going to get pretty nasty, but that's okay.  Some fights are worth having if the only other alternative is surrender.

I still think Biden won't run, and I think running a younger Democrat will make it easier for anyone challenging Trump.  "The Democrats finally figured out that the country is tired of being run by 80 year old men.  Do we really want to nominate another?"  Maybe do some "angry old man screams at clouds" meme-type stuff.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Democrats do not have a nationally known and nationally popular younger candidate for the 2024 Presidential election.

Nationally, the Dems only have wacko liberal retreads - Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Gavin Newsom.

The Dem Congressional gerontocracy has denied younger candidates an opportunity to rise in leadership.

The Dem disdain for Flyover American states means they have no Midwestern moderates or Southern conservatives to appeal to independents.  They are left with only limousine liberal elitist coastal progressives.

////00000////

Kamala Harris is best qualified as a vicodin and wine taster in Napa Valley.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 04:54:54 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The Democrats do not have a nationally known and nationally popular younger candidate for the 2024 Presidential election.

Nationally, the Dems only have wacko liberal retreads - Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Gavin Newsom.

The Dem Congressional gerontocracy has denied younger candidates an opportunity to rise in leadership.

The Dem disdain for Flyover American states means they have no Midwestern moderates or Southern conservatives to appeal to independents.  They are left with only limousine liberal elitist coastal progressives.

////00000////

Kamala Harris is best qualified as a vicodine and wine taster in Napa Valley.

Gavin Newsome definitely thinks of himself that way, at least.

I also would not be completely shocked if Biden bows out and Hillary were to test the waters. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
As far as the country goes, Woke Left vs. MAGA cult is not a prescription for stability.  Neither side is willing to live with the other, so the longer each controls its party, the more dangerous it becomes.

Maybe, but until people are willing to vote for a third party...

I will say that Trump is doing better in head to head match ups vs. Dems than I would have thought. Yeah it could be 10 dimensional chess playing by the media and polling companies, but I'm not so sure.

All I know is that we cannot do anything about it. If Trump is destined to be the nominee, he will be the nominee. We won't derail the Trump train.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 10:16:12 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline LMAO

Even our local media covered his Easter message

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I will say that Trump is doing better in head to head match ups vs. Dems than I would have thought. Yeah it could be 10 dimensional chess playing by the media and polling companies, but I'm not so sure

Yet Democrats continue to win elections when Donald Trump is tied to GOP candidates. His supporters don’t wanna hear it but Donald Trump is not popular outside MAGA circles. Not opinion just facts. There is a clear and undeniable pattern; hitch your wagon to Donald Trump and lose except for the reddest of districts. I suppose they could make the argument that they’d rather lose with honor then just win for winning‘s sake.

Donald Trump will be the nominee. He will also go on to lose the general election. And it will be worse if another Democrat replaces Joe Biden.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 05:42:48 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Reagan was never a pissy spoiled brat whiny little bitch after he didn't get the 1976 GOP Presidential nomination.

Trump needs to man up if he wants people to take him seriously again.

There are things worse than losing the 2020 Election, like incessantly whining about losing that election for years afterward.

"When I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now, I'm basically the same. The temperament is not that different." Donald Trump

Barry Goldwater

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What impresses me is the Babylon Bee (NotTheBee included) is run by folks that seem sincere enough to not kiss the ring/butt/foot of the GOP and tell what we all know... Trump has low appeal outside his cult. It took guts to post this article, and I for one appreciate them being true to truth.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....