Author Topic: Wall Street Journal Suggests Trump's Legal Drama Is the Final Straw for Many Former Trump Voters  (Read 174 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wall Street Journal Suggests Trump's Legal Drama Is the Final Straw for Many Former Trump Voters
Mike Miller
5–6 minutes

Let’s begin with an account, as reported by The Wall Street Journal, of several dejected Republicans who met in a tavern northwest of Milwaukee, just hours after Donald Trump was indicted, to commiserate over last Tuesday’s loss of a hard-fought race for a Wisconsin Supreme Court seat.

As the clock approached midnight, a heated debate broke out between two men active in the local GOP, said Randy Marquardt, the party chairman in Washington County. One argued for loyalty to Mr. Trump, he said, while the other insisted it is time for the party to pick someone else as their 2024 presidential nominee.

“It got ugly and people eventually went their separate ways to head home,” said Mr. Marquardt. “The other guy argued that Trump came with too much baggage, but there are still quite a few people who are all in with Trump.”

Mr. Marquardt, who twice voted for the former president, says he thinks it is time to move on.

Let’s first close the loop on the Wisconsin Supreme Court loss, which flipped the court to a liberal majority for the first time in 15 years.

Democrat-backed Janet Protasiewicz defeated conservative Daniel Kelly, giving Democrat-backed judges the majority in critical issues like abortion, disputed elections, and such. As we suggested in late March, the Wisconsin spring election might very well have been the most important election of 2023.

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/04/10/wall-street-journal-suggests-trumps-legal-drama-is-the-final-straw-for-many-former-trump-voters-n728861
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sorry, WSJ.
If I see Mr. Trump's name on the ballot, I'm putting my mark next to it.

Four more in twenty-four.