Author Topic: Migrant mass protest before Paso Del Norte bridge  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant mass protest before Paso Del Norte bridge
« on: April 10, 2023, 04:52:43 pm »
Migrant mass protest before Paso Del Norte bridge
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Apr 10, 2023 / 11:40 AM CDT

Updated: Apr 10, 2023 / 11:40 AM CDT

CBP barricades port of entry as migrants mass on mexican side

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – U.S. authorities have placed barricades in the middle of the Paso del Norte port of entry after learning of a large group of migrants massing on the Mexican side Monday morning.

Some 300 migrants massed on the Mexican side of the Paso del Norte port of entry Monday morning apparently in protest over not being allowed to apply for in-person asylum in the United States and still upset over a fire that claimed the lives of 40 migrants in a Mexican immigration detention facility on March 27.

“I received reports they were making a peaceful manifestation at (PND). If there is no obstruction (to traffic), we won’t do anything,” Mayor Cruz Perez Cuellar said at a Monday morning news conference on Facebook Live.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/migrant-mass-protest-before-paso-del-norte-bridge/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Migrant mass protest before Paso Del Norte bridge
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 04:53:54 pm »
I can see why they're protesting.  They have a RIGHT to come here illegally! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson