Author Topic: Car parks could collapse under the weight of electric cars  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Car parks could collapse under the weight of electric cars
« on: April 10, 2023, 04:38:03 pm »
Car parks could collapse under the weight of electric cars
APRIL 9, 2023
tags: Electric Cars
By Paul Homewood

h/t Ian Magness

Oh the joys!

Multi-storey car parks across the country could be at risk of collapse as heavier electric vehicles put pressure on ageing infrastructure, experts have warned.

Car parking experts and engineers have told The Telegraph that the growth of EV use in the UK could put pressure on car park floors, with unloved structures most susceptible to buckling.

So worried are some about the ability of car parks to hold new vehicles that new guidance is being developed that will raise the weight levels for what car park floors should be able to hold.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/04/09/car-parks-could-collapse-under-the-weight-of-electric-cars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Car parks could collapse under the weight of electric cars
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 05:12:39 pm »
That's a good point.  I recall one time back in the day when I was driving a huge 1970s land yacht, and got turned away from one or two parking garages because the curb weight of the land yacht exceeded the rated load of the garage structure.