Author Topic: Donald Trump arrest: House Republican leaders to discuss path forward on Alvin Bragg this week  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sunday, April 09, 2023

Donald Trump arrest: House Republican leaders to discuss path forward on Alvin Bragg this week
by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter |
 April 05, 2023 11:11 AM

Top House Republicans are set to talk this week about how to move forward with their investigation into Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg just one day after the New York prosecutor unveiled a slew of criminal charges against former President Donald Trump.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) said he would have a call with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) sometime this week to discuss the next steps in their congressional inquiry. House Republicans opened an investigation into Bragg late last month, requesting his testimony and documents related to Trump’s indictment.

“We are going to try to figure out a path moving forward. This is very serious,” Comer told Fox & Friends on Wednesday. “We are not going to stop on this. Nothing changed. We believe he has overstepped.”

Bragg has not been subpoenaed by any House committee, but GOP leaders say such a move is still “on the table.” The Manhattan district attorney has repeatedly refused to cooperate with Republicans’ efforts to investigate his office, accusing GOP leaders of interfering with local matters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/house-republican-leaders-to-discuss-alvin-bragg-this-week
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I don't think the timing of this favors Trump.  I think waiting until the judge who should recuse himself, perjuring witnesses, and false information convict Trump, then REALLY lower the boom on Bragg.

By the way, shouldn't he change his name?  If Ft. Bragg is bad for America, then so is Alvin Bragg.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 05:06:40 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson