Author Topic: 60 Minutes Profile of Mayorkas Demonstrates that the Media Have Become Willing Accomplices to the Bo  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
60 Minutes Profile of Mayorkas Demonstrates that the Media Have Become Willing Accomplices to the Border Crisis
April 5, 2023

For the past two years, FAIR has labeled the unprecedented chaos at our southern border, “The Biden Border Crisis.” Joe Biden is the president. He owns it.

That said, Joe Biden couldn’t have made this mess entirely on his own. He has had plenty of help – most notably, Alejandro Mayorkas whom he appointed to be his Secretary of Homeland Security. Mayorkas truly is the architect of the policies that have created the border crisis as well as illegal schemes to subvert statutory limits on immigration by asserting virtually limitless executive authority to parole inadmissible migrants into the United States.

For these reasons, Mayorkas has also serves as Biden’s lightning rod on the issue, taking the heat from Republican lawmakers (and even some Democrats) for policies that endanger national security, public health, and cost American taxpayers billions of dollars each year. Congress cannot haul the president before oversight committees to justify what is going on, but they can do that to members of his cabinet – which is exactly what happened to Mayorkas last week.

https://www.fairus.org/legislation/presidential-administration/border-security/60-minutes-profile-mayorkas-demonstrates
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson