Author Topic: GOP Beware: Bragg’s Case Is Just the Start of Trump’s Legal Jeopardy  (Read 680 times)

Offline kevindavis007

The other looming cases against the former president pose a much bigger danger to him, and they make nominating him in 2024 a terrible idea.

Welcome to the Big Top. Hope you enjoyed the opening act. Remember, though, there are three rings to this circus. So far, we’ve just gotten the clown car. Donald Trump should know that the lions are coming.

It is only natural that all eyes this week were on state criminal court in lower Manhattan, where Trump was arraigned on the indictment brought by Alvin Bragg. There is no point belaboring the record with the sundry flaws in those charges (see, e.g., here, here, here, and here). So unabashedly political was this leveraging of law-enforcement power against the Democrats’ archnemesis that even progressive commentators have misgivings.

For now, though, the plan is working like a charm. As I’ve been contending since Joe Biden took office, the savviest Democrats know that they have a very weak president whom they won’t be able to nudge aside without exposing a host of problems. The incumbent, for all his flaws, papers over the deep intramural divides and woke nuttiness that a nomination fight would spotlight, to say nothing about the heiress-apparent problem posed by Kamala Harris. The Dems’ best shot in 2024 is and has always been running against Trump — the same guy who won them the Senate in 2020 and held it for them in 2022. If he is the Republican nominee, they win going away.

Read More: https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/04/gop-beware-braggs-case-is-just-the-start-of-trumps-legal-jeopardy/
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online libertybele

Ok, so Trump may not be the nominee.  I've thought that for awhile.  So far that leaves Haley and Hutchison. Neither I feel are really strong enough to win against the DEMS. 

Brandon will eventually step down, they will move Harris aside and run either Michael Obammy and Susan Rice or Jarett. That's a pretty powerful ticket to beat.

Out of all of the GOP weighing their options I don't see that they have a chance.  Fraudulent voting and the real possibility of granting amnesty to illegals only adds to the odds of them winning being slim to none.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/08/1160113954/2024-republican-presidential-candidates-who-is-running-tracker
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 07:20:59 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Ok, so Trump may not be the nominee.  I've thought that for awhile.  So far that leaves Haley and Hutchison. Neither I feel are really strong enough to win against the DEMS. 

Brandon will eventually step down, they will move Harris aside and run either Michael Obammy and Susan Rice or Jarett. That's a pretty powerful ticket to beat.

Out of all of the GOP weighing their options I don't see that they have a chance.  Fraudulent voting and the real possibility of granting amnesty to illegals only adds to the odds of them winning being slim to none.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/08/1160113954/2024-republican-presidential-candidates-who-is-running-tracker

Right... Remember, all of this STARTS a year from now... WAY too early to even speculate.
Certainly way too early to panic.

Online libertybele

Right... Remember, all of this STARTS a year from now... WAY too early to even speculate.
Certainly way too early to panic.

No not time to panic but I think that the GOP/RNC needs to get their schlitz together to ensure election integrity; I've said that all along.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The article makes the case that the Dems are playing 10 dimensional chess? I'm not so sure about that, frankly.

I guess we'll see. If the GOP is hell bent on nominating Trump it will happen. We couldn't stop it in 2016 (I was sure he'd lose the general), we won't be able to stop it now.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele chimes in with:
"No not time to panic but I think that the GOP/RNC needs to get their schlitz together to ensure election integrity; I've said that all along."

It's not election integrity in the red states that's in trouble.
It's in the purple "battleground" states, most of which are now tipping to the blue.

Look at Pennsylvania.
Look at Michigan.
Look at Wisconsin.
Look at Arizona.
Look at Georgia.

With the exception of GA, what has been done in those states since 2020 that would substantially expose and thwart The Party's "underground election apparatus"?

No Republican can win in 2024 without the battleground states.
Come close, perhaps, but win?   Nope.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
bele chimes in with:
"No not time to panic but I think that the GOP/RNC needs to get their schlitz together to ensure election integrity; I've said that all along."

It's not election integrity in the red states that's in trouble.
It's in the purple "battleground" states, most of which are now tipping to the blue.

Look at Pennsylvania.
Look at Michigan.
Look at Wisconsin.
Look at Arizona.
Look at Georgia.

With the exception of GA, what has been done in those states since 2020 that would substantially expose and thwart The Party's "underground election apparatus"?

No Republican can win in 2024 without the battleground states.
Come close, perhaps, but win?   Nope.

And some red states are now purple states. Look at Georgia and Arizona. Texas is next IMO.

And it rarely seems to go the other way (purple to red). Maybe Florida.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weird observed:
"And it rarely seems to go the other way (purple to red). Maybe Florida."

West Virginia went from blue to red. Definitely so.
Some will argue, but I attribute it to a "rising racial awareness" amongst the inhabitants there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Other than Trump not being the nominee,I agree with it all,which explains WHY Trump MUST be the nominee. He is the ONLY one that will fight back with passion,and passion is what is needed at this point.

He is already a wealthy man,and he is already too old to worry much about his future. His family is already provided for,so they are safe,and he really has nothing to lose and everything to gain by winning.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 05:46:41 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The article makes the case that the Dems are playing 10 dimensional chess? I'm not so sure about that, frankly.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

The ONLY thing standing in their way is the possibility of Trump running against whatever globalist/communist they pick to run. THIS is why they are working so hard to put him on trial for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING under ths sun. They seem to hate and fear him as much as some of the posters here,who will only accept either a perfect candidate,or not vote. Which,of course,means they won't vote.

I guess we'll see. If the GOP is hell bent on nominating Trump it will happen. We couldn't stop it in 2016 (I was sure he'd lose the general), we won't be able to stop it now.

Other than voter fraud,which no candidate can beat if it isn't stopped,WHY are you so sure the only candidate that has a real shot at winning will lose?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And some red states are now purple states. Look at Georgia and Arizona. Texas is next IMO.

And it rarely seems to go the other way (purple to red). Maybe Florida.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Number one on the alleged Republican  Agenda for the last 8 years or so SHOULD have been stopping the illegal immigrant invasion,and sending those suckers back south of the border.

The fact that this wasn't done is why we are in the state we are in now,because make no mistake about it,ALL of them will vote in the upcoming election,even if they won't know they voted,and ALL of them  will vote Dim to keep all the "free stuff" coming.

Online LMAO

@libertybele

Other than Trump not being the nominee,I agree with it all,which explains WHY Trump MUST be the nominee. He is the ONLY one that will fight back with passion,and passion is what is needed at this point.

He is already a wealth man,and he is already too old to worry much about his future. His family is already provided for,so they are safe,and he really has nothing to lose and everything to gain by winning.

Dreamer

But past and current evidence suggests otherwise
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dreamer

But past and current evidence suggests otherwise

@LMAO

The blind will never see.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

I am thinking that if George Washington were to be incarnated and ran,that HE wouldn't win agains the Dims,even if EVERYBODY voted for him.

Hard to beat the people that own the media and count the votes.

Brandon will eventually step down,

Or more correctly,his handlers will tell him to shut up and go home.

they will move Harris aside and run either Michael Obammy and Susan Rice or Jarett. That's a pretty powerful ticket to beat.

I can't guess one way or the other about that one.

Can't really argue with  that one. I DO think that the ONLY way ANY candidate could even hope to win would be one that is loud and who doesn't mind being rude.

A candidate that would appeal to the typical voter who only starts to pay attention to Presidential candidates the last 30's days or so before an election,and who seems to be a rebel instead of a herd member.

Know anybody like that?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 05:45:16 pm by sneakypete »