Author Topic: ICE FY 2024 Budget Reveals How Biden Administration Tanked 92,000 Removal Cases Costing untold milli  (Read 105 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ICE FY 2024 Budget Reveals How Biden Administration Tanked 92,000 Removal Cases
Costing untold millions; waste, pure and simple

By Andrew R. Arthur on April 7, 2023

As I recently reported, the White House has issued its (330-page) FY 2024 ICE budget justification. If you read down to page 90, the agency tells you how, in apparent compliance with vacated policies, its lawyers tanked almost 92,000 cases involving removable aliens that should have gone forward but didn’t — at a cost of untold millions.

How Biden Gutted Immigration Enforcement. Those nearly 92,000 tanked cases are just a small — but key — part of the Biden administration’s efforts to gut U.S. immigration enforcement.

In three separate memos — the first issued minutes after Biden was sworn in — the administration has constrained the ability of immigration officers to investigate, question, arrest, detain, prosecute, and remove aliens in the United States (collectively known as “enforcement action”).

The last of those three memos, which superseded in part the first two, was issued by DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on September 30, 2021, and captioned “Guidelines for the Enforcement of Civil Immigration Law” (Mayorkas memo).

https://cis.org/Arthur/ICE-FY-2024-Budget-Reveals-How-Biden-Administration-Tanked-92000-Removal-Cases
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson