Author Topic: Faster asylum screenings to be tested mid-April  (Read 122 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Faster asylum screenings to be tested mid-April
« on: April 08, 2023, 05:52:35 pm »
Faster asylum screenings to be tested mid-April
ps/rl 08.04.2023, 18:25

As part of preparations for the lifting of COVID-19 border restrictions in May, the Biden administration will start testing quicker asylum assessments for migrants caught trying to enter the country illegally next week, the Department of Homeland Security announced on Saturday.

According to Marsha Espinosa, a spokesman for Homeland Security, a small number of migrants who are now in the custody of border officials will undergo initial asylum assessments in the coming days. She stated that the screenings will involve phone interviews and that immigrants will have access to legal representation.

The Biden administration will begin conducting asylum interviews at the border while it expands access to legal services for migrants seeking refuge in the U.S., according to two administration officials. The latter is a key issue that emerged during attempts to fast-track processing under the Trump administration.

https://tvpworld.com/69059351/faster-asylum-screenings-to-be-tested-mid-april
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 05:53:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Faster asylum screenings to be tested mid-April
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 05:56:22 pm »
I'll tell you right now how it will work.  The illegals will give their names to agents who will put the name. on a "screened list" with instructions to return in 6 months with no forwarding address, then release them without further ado.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Re: Faster asylum screenings to be tested mid-April
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 06:05:38 pm »
I'll tell you right now how it will work.  The illegals will give their names to agents who will put the name. on a "screened list" with instructions to return in 6 months with no forwarding address, then release them without further ado.

Typically, but this is for asylum;

Being granted asylum means the recipient is protected from being removed to their home country, and are able to access a number of new opportunities.

Asylees are able to access documentation to work, can receive immigration benefits, and are eventually able to apply for a social security or green card, and US citizenship. A person’s asylum status will never expire, and status can only be terminated by USCIS under very particular circumstances

If they are speeding up the process they want them to obtain citizenship so that they can vote.  That's their objective, plain and simple.

https://rcusa.org/resettlement/asylum-process/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.