Author Topic: Biden nominee coordinated dark money climate nuisance lawsuits involving Leonardo DiCaprio  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JOE BIDEN Published March 30, 2023 5:00am EDT
Biden nominee coordinated dark money climate nuisance lawsuits involving Leonardo DiCaprio
Ann Carlson, President Biden's pick to lead a Transportation Department subagency, helped recruit donors to fund climate nuisance lawsuits

Climate rhetoric is always a 'rules for thee, but not for me' situation: Eva Vlaardingerbroek
Legal philosopher Eva Vlaardingerbroek calls out extreme climate change rhetoric on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.'

President Biden's nominee to lead the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) was previously involved in a dark money-fueled effort to file numerous climate nuisance lawsuits across the country.

Ann Carlson, who currently serves as acting NHTSA administrator, was formerly an environmental law professor at the University of California, Los Angeles where she also served as the co-director of the Emmett Institute on Climate Change & the Environment. During her time at the institute, she coordinated with its chairman Dan Emmett to raise money for lawsuits designed to hobble the fossil fuel industry.

Carlson and Emmett revealed details about their behind-the-scenes efforts to spearhead the litigation in email correspondence from 2017 and 2018 obtained by the watchdog group Government Accountability & Oversight (GAO) and highlighted in a Fox News Digital report last year. The two worked to raise money that was then funneled through nonprofit organizations to the private law firm Sher Edling.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-nominee-coordinated-dark-money-climate-nuisance-lawsuits-involving-leonardo-dicaprio
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson