Author Topic: Abate CO2 emissions to cut global warming? Good luck with that!  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Abate CO2 emissions to cut global warming? Good luck with that!
6 hours ago Guest Blogger 37 Comments
By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

Michael Limburg of Eike, the splendid German environmental think-tank, writes to point out that there has been no discernible effect at all in the Mauna Loa monthly concentration data from the large reduction in annual CO2 emissions arising from the Chinese-virus pandemic.

The 18 months January 2020 to July 2021, during which many nations locked down, are shaded on the Mauna Loa CO2-concentration graph. Though global CO2 emissions fell by a remarkable 27% in the first half of 2020 (Le Quéré et al. 2020), the uptrend in CO2 concentration remained near-linear during the pandemic, and has continued unaltered thereafter. The breadth of the yellow trend-line is 1 μmol mol–1.

A longer-run trend since 2015, with the breadth of the trend-line again equal to 1 μmol mol–1:

The uptrend in total anthropogenic greenhouse-gas forcing has also remained near-perfectly linear notwithstanding the large reduction in CO2 emissions during the pandemic:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/04/08/abate-co2-emissions-to-cut-global-warming-good-luck-with-that/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson