Author Topic: Nike tells furious customers 'Be kind, be inclusive' as it responds to backlash over paying trans in  (Read 1037 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nike tells furious customers 'Be kind, be inclusive' as it responds to backlash over paying trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney to promote sports bras - as customers pledge to boycott the brand

Mulvaney posed for a series of pictures and videos promoting bras and leggings
    Nike issued first social media response to criticism, telling people to 'Be Kind'

By Dan Sales and Rory Tingle

Published: 10:53 EDT, 7 April 2023 | Updated: 13:12 EDT, 7 April 2023

Nike today doubled down on using a transgender influencer to promote its female clothes, telling customers calling for a boycott to 'be kind and inclusive'.

The firm's tone-deaf response came amid women's concerns over Dylan Mulvaney, who identifies as female but has not had reassignment surgery.

Mulvaney - who uses the pronouns she or they - was seen in paid social media content dancing in a Nike sports bra and leggings.

It sparked furious calls for a boycott, with Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies leading calls and customers deluging the company with complaints.

Today Nike issued its first response online, declaring it would delete comments it did not judge to be in a spirit of diversity or inclusivity.

It insisted: 'You are an essential component to the success of your community.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11949659/Nike-tells-furious-customers-kind-inclusive-Dylan-Mulvaney-backlash.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Be kind" sounds a lot like begging. As if Nike is having to do this against their will.
We know that Nike is heavily controlled by China. It is possible China told them to do this, 'or else'.
Like Satan, when you get into bed with China, you may get rich in the short term, but then you become China's bitch.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

Nike uses slave labor to make overpriced poor quality apparel. They may tell me to be kind, but I'd tell them to shut up.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Go preach your sermons in the worship center of your choice.

You don't dictate my morality or my religion.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

Nike today doubled down on using a transgender influencer to promote its female clothes,

In other words, Nike doesn't believe women are good enough to promote clothes for women.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Nike has for years been banned from my household... they are the enemy.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Too much 'swish' in that 'swoosh'.

Not in my household.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Nike has for years been banned from my household... they are the enemy.

Same here.  100% agree.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How ironic, a company that endorses messenger of hate Colin Kaepernick now tells people to be kind and inclusive.

Given how much of Nike's product is still manufactured in Communist China, where TikTok is also based and helped bring Mulvaney to fame after his acting career was crushed by COVID lockdowns, this still all seems like a clandestine plot.0
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

How ironic, a company that endorses messenger of hate Colin Kaepernick now tells people to be kind and inclusive.
Good point.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org