Author Topic: Border Chaos Center Stage; Solutions in the Wings  (Read 111 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Chaos Center Stage; Solutions in the Wings
« on: April 07, 2023, 02:34:45 pm »
Border Chaos Center Stage; Solutions in the Wings

PUBLISHED:  Fri, APR 7th 2023 @ 9:20 am EDT  by  Jeremy Beck
Illegal immigration numbers remain too high to accommodate or to claim we have anything close to a credible system. The entire system is in overshoot with real solutions still waiting for a hearing.

Urge Congress To Act

Mark Krikorian reports from the border:

I saw an Angolan family who'd crossed in daylight waiting under a canopy for their taxpayer-funded ride. (They'd lived in Brazil for years, meaning any asylum claim would be a lie.) I myself spoke with half a dozen give-ups from Georgia (Tbilisi, not Atlanta) preparing to board the Border Patrol bus. I later found a print-out of one of their e-tickets outside the fence; the round-trip fare from Paris to Cancun was undoubtedly intended to support the lie told to Mexican visa officials that they came only for a vacation. Any asylum claim, if they even bother to make one, would be transparently bogus. One of the Georgians all but admitted to me they were coming in response to Biden's lax policies, not any sort of persecution."
Demoralized agents are retiring early, Krikorian says, rather than "actively facilitating" illegal immigration any longer.

Mexico Detention Fire

At least 39 people have died from a fire in a Mexican detention center. Investigations are ongoing but it has been reported that the disaster involved reckless behavior on the part of one of the detainees, as well as a dereliction of duty of some of the personnel who worked at the center.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/border-chaos-center-stage-solutions-wings
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson