Author Topic: Michigan Dem's job listing 'strongly' encourages everybody but straight White men to apply  (Read 115 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Michigan Dem's job listing 'strongly' encourages everybody but straight White men to apply
Opinion by Houston Keene • Yesterday 2:16 PM

A Michigan Democrat member of Congress sent out a job listing "strongly" encouraging everyone but straight White men to apply.

The office of Rep. Hillary Scholten, D-Mich., put out a job listing recently for the senior communications director role in her office that would play an integral role in her office’s operations.

"The Senior Communications Director is expected to work closely with the Chief of Staff, Legislative Director, and District Director to develop and execute a comprehensive and aggressive strategic plan to inform constituents and the media on issues that are important to the Congresswoman," the listing reads.

Scholten’s listing for the job with a salary between $85,000 and $120,000 goes on to "strongly" encourages people of varying personal characteristics to apply — except for straight White men.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/michigan-dem-s-job-listing-strongly-encourages-everybody-but-straight-white-men-to-apply/ar-AA19yPgt?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=34054f423ea3430194a876f579cb13db&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This, of course, is not discrimination but would be if a Republican suggested the same thing.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson