Author Topic: Riley Gaines ‘ambushed and physically hit’ after Saving Women’s Sports speech  (Read 2071 times)

Online Kamaji

Riley Gaines ‘ambushed and physically hit’ after Saving Women’s Sports speech at San Francisco State

By Kyle Morris, Fox News
April 7, 2023

Former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines was barricaded in a room at San Francisco State University Thursday night after she was physically assaulted following a speech to students about saving women’s sports at a Turning Point USA and Leadership Institute event on the campus.

Louis Barker, Riley’s husband, said he had brief conversations with her while she was barricaded in the room for nearly three hours.

“She told me she was hit multiple times by a guy in a dress. I was shaking. It made me that mad. It makes me sick to feel so helpless about it,” Barker said. “She was under police protection and was still hit by a man wearing a dress.”

On Twitter, Gaines shared footage she took showing her being rushed out of the venue by police officers amid an onslaught of verbal attacks from the detractors who surrounded her.

“The prisoners are running the asylum at SFSU…I was ambushed and physically hit twice by a man,” Gaines wrote in the tweet. “This is proof that women need sex-protected spaces. Still only further assures me I’m doing something right. When they want you silent, speak louder.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/riley-gaines-ambushed-and-hit-after-womens-sports-speech-at-sfsu/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Brave young Lady. Prayers she continues to be successful, and for her safety.

What amazes me is all the crap I have heard about being "empowered" from women in the last year or two, now where are these "empowered women"? Hiding from the counterfeits?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:09:48 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

Indeed.

Online mountaineer

They actually restrained her, essentially holding her hostage for a while, I've read.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1644279982443601921

https://twitter.com/Riley_Gaines_/status/1644206766165737472
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

They actually restrained her, essentially holding her hostage for a while, I've read.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1644279982443601921

That makes it kidnapping or false imprisonment under California criminal law.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Riley Gaines violently attacked by militant trans activists after speech on saving women’s sports
April 7, 2023 | Chris Donaldson

Former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines was attacked and physically assaulted by a violent left-wing mob at San Francisco State University where she gave a speech on saving women’s sports, barricading herself inside a room at the school out of fear for her life.

Gaines, an outspoken advocate for preserving the integrity of women’s sports, was speaking at a Turning Point USA and Leadership Institute event on the campus on Thursday when violence erupted as it often does when leftist students disapprove of a speaker’s message.

“She told me she was hit multiple times by a guy in a dress. I was shaking. It made me that mad. It makes me sick to feel so helpless about it,” said Louis Barker, her husband who said that he spoke to Gaines during the nearly three hours that she was barricaded inside of the 3rd-floor room where she sought shelter.

“She was under police protection and was still hit by a man wearing a dress,” Barker added.

The 12-time NCAA All-American swimmer was able to record a brief video of a portion of the terrifying incident which she posted to Twitter on Thursday night.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/04/07/riley-gaines-violently-attacked-by-militant-trans-activists-after-speech-on-saving-womens-sports-1347923/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That makes it kidnapping or false imprisonment under California criminal law.

Yes...but the problem is that it requires a California prosecutor to enforce that law, and they won't.

That's really one of the scariest things happening across the country.  Leftist prosecutors refusing to prosecute leftist thugs who break the law and intimidate, assault, etc.. anyone with whom they disagree.   There's really no recourse for that except to avoid those lawless jurisdictions in the first place.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yes...but the problem is that it requires a California prosecutor to enforce that law, and they won't.

That's really one of the scariest things happening across the country.  Leftist prosecutors refusing to prosecute leftist thugs who break the law and intimidate, assault, etc.. anyone with whom they disagree.   There's really no recourse for that except to avoid those lawless jurisdictions in the first place.
There is a recourse. Remove the prosecutors from office. If at any point collusion between these prosecutors and the groups performing these acts could be proven...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

There is a recourse. Remove the prosecutors from office. If at any point collusion between these prosecutors and the groups performing these acts could be proven...

And who would do the removing?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Major Bill swings and strikes out with:
"There's really no recourse for that except to avoid those lawless jurisdictions in the first place."

There IS "recourse", Bill.
It is applied in the "style" of William Tecumseh Sherman.
With a proper "Reconstruction" to follow.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“It Was Terrifying For Me”: Riley Gaines Speaks Out After Brutal Assault by Trans Protesters
Steve Straub   By Steve Straub
Published April 8, 2023 at 6:04am

Former University of Kentucky swimmer, Riley Gaines, appeared on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Friday to recount her terrifying experience at San Francisco State University (SFSU).

Gaines had been invited by Turning Point USA to deliver a speech advocating for the rights of female athletes. However, at the end of her remarks, Gaines was physically assaulted by trans protesters who stormed the room.

Gaines described the police as being intimidated by the protesters, but she herself remained undeterred. She emphasized that the violence only strengthened her resolve and the legitimacy of her cause.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/terrifying-riley-gaines-speaks-brutal-assault-trans-protesters
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Riley Gaines
@Riley_Gaines_
Imagine if the roles were reversed and a group of white, conservatives ambushed someone within the LGBTQ community, physically assaulted them, and held them for ransom for 3 hrs...
There would be arrests and repercussions for the perpetrators and administration who allowed this.
2:14 PM · Apr 8, 2023

Riley Gaines
@Riley_Gaines_
Instead, the campus police and University did nothing. They were scared to assert any force and adequately do their job for fear of coming off as racist, transphobic, or anything other than an ally to the community.
I'm tired of the double standard.  When will enough be enough?
2:14 PM · Apr 8, 2023

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Riley Gaines: ‘I Will Be Pursuing Legal Action — They Will Face Repercussions’

Friday, less than 24 hours after she was assaulted by an angry mob in San Francisco, former University of Kentucky swimmer Riley Gaines appeared on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” to discuss the ordeal.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/08/riley-gaines-i-will-be-pursuing-legal-action-they-will-face-repercussions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'I stand by Riley': The attack on Riley Gaines has Congress' attention
The mob’s actions gained the attention of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and the Committee on Education and the Workforce Chairwoman Dr. Virginia Foxx.

The attack on Gaines came just hours after the committee shared its condemnation of a Biden administration proposal that would allow biological males to compete in women’s sports.
Article image
Jared Gould | Senior Editor
April 7, 2023, 9:06 pm ET

On Thursday a leftist mob at San Francisco State University (SFSU) attacked former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines.

https://campusreform.org/article?id=21847
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
'I stand by Riley': The attack on Riley Gaines has Congress' attention
The mob’s actions gained the attention of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and the Committee on Education and the Workforce Chairwoman Dr. Virginia Foxx.

The attack on Gaines came just hours after the committee shared its condemnation of a Biden administration proposal that would allow biological males to compete in women’s sports.
Article image
Jared Gould | Senior Editor
April 7, 2023, 9:06 pm ET

On Thursday a leftist mob at San Francisco State University (SFSU) attacked former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines.

https://campusreform.org/article?id=21847

@rangerrebew

A biologically male transgender protester allegedly hit Gaines, and the mob proceeded to chase her out of the university.

That was "awful butch" of her/it/whatever.

Well,it stands to reason that some of them would be black.

BTW,do "double or triple victums" get twice or three times as much monthly money from de feral gooberment?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

What amazes me is all the crap I have heard about being "empowered" from women in the last year or two, now where are these "empowered women"? Hiding from the counterfeits?
For the last fifty sixty years they've been mostly silent about these and other major issues affecting women and society.
There is a certain hierarchy on the left where the "rights" of sexual weirdos trumps that of even lesbians.
Martina Navratilova spoke out against the "transgender rights" people and was condemned or given the silent treatment by the big shots on the left. Ditto for J.K. Rowling.
Both Navratilova and Rowling are politically left of center, but that cuts no ice with the people who run the left. For them the "rights" of sexual perverts and lunatics are more important than the rights of regular women.

Online Kamaji

Riley Gaines slams SF State for praising ‘peaceful’ protest where swimmer claims she was assaulted by trans-rights activists

By Ronny Reyes
April 9, 2023

Swimmer Riley Gaines blasted San Francisco State University for praising a “peaceful” protest where she alleges she was attacked by trans-activists after urging that transgender athletes be kept out of women’s sports.

Gaines, 23, threatened legal action against the school for its alleged failure to help her after droves of trans-rights protesters pushed back at Gaines’ controversial Thursday speech.

Video of the chaos shows dozens of protesters berating the former NCAA swimmer and 12-time All-American champ following the speech.

Gaines claims she was punched twice by a transgender woman and was forced to barricade for hours in a classroom.

Following the mayhem, Jamillah Moore, vice president for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, emailed students thanking them for taking part in the event.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/09/riley-gaines-slams-sf-state-for-praising-peaceful-protest-where-she-claims-she-was-assaulted/

Offline verga

Keep normalizing the abhorrent.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SFSU campus police abandon investigation into Riley Gaines' alleged assault and ransom demands by LGBT radicals
JOSEPH MACKINNON
FEBRUARY 23, 2024

All-American, all-female swim star Riley Gaines traveled to San Francisco State University in April 2023 to speak about the importance of keeping women's spaces female-only. Enraged that the former NCAA swimmer was allowed to speak and desperate to prevent her from being heard, LGBT activists and other radicals worked feverishly to shut down the event.

Gaines claimed she was ultimately assaulted, mobbed by hysterical protesters, and effectively held hostage in a room for hours.

While Gaines apparently held out hope that the San Francisco State University Police might do something about the incident, she learned earlier this month that campus police have apparently suspended their investigation, writing off her concerns as baseless.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/sfsu-campus-police-abandon-investigation-into-riley-gaines-alleged-assault-and-ransom-by-lgbt-radicals
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If they hadn't been LGBTQ radicals, the cops would have been on it like stink on dookey! :yowsa:
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

UPDATE Feb. 23, 2014

Riley Gaines
@Riley_Gaines_
Remember when I was assaulted & held for ransom through the night by a mob of violent protesters at SFSU?
The police have finally informed me the case has been suspended as all charges are "alleged" & "unfounded"
I guess audio, video, & eyewitness evidence aren't admissible in SF
8:23 PM · Feb 21, 2024

Offline Mod2

Merged several threads

Offline Smokin Joe

UPDATE Feb. 23, 2014

Riley Gaines
@Riley_Gaines_
Remember when I was assaulted & held for ransom through the night by a mob of violent protesters at SFSU?
The police have finally informed me the case has been suspended as all charges are "alleged" & "unfounded"
I guess audio, video, & eyewitness evidence aren't admissible in SF
8:23 PM · Feb 21, 2024
It is obvious that some people in this country are being given every benefit of the justice system, while for others, either that system is absent to defend them or focused on their destruction, all on a basis of DEI. The Constitution, as amended, is all the DEI needed, all else tips the scales of justice the other way.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

All the "empowered" women are fanatical leftist feminists who fully support the mentally deranged men who are destroying women's sports.