Author Topic: Pro-Bono Lawyers And Free Legal Immigration Services for Chinese Immigrants in NYC  (Read 277 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pro-Bono Lawyers And Free Legal Immigration Services for Chinese Immigrants in NYC
Need free legal services or a pro-bono lawyer who speaks Chinese in New York City? We've got you covered.
APRIL XU
APR 07, 2023

There are many organizations and lawyers in New York that provide free legal services to the general public, including immigrants. The services cover issues related to labor, housing, public benefits, etc. Immigration-related services include visa applications, deportation defense, green card applications, etc. Documented has compiled a list of free legal services and pro-bono lawyers in New York State who provide Chinese language services.

Action NYC provides free and safe immigration legal assistance. This city-sponsored program has consultation spots in community-based organizations, hospitals, and schools. Regardless of immigration status, you can receive a free comprehensive legal screening to find out if you qualify for relevant immigration benefits. In addition, people can also get legal help and case referrals related to naturalization, green card application and renewal, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and others. The project provides multilingual services and is kept confidential throughout.

https://documentedny.com/2023/04/07/chinese-lawyer-attorneys-new-york-city-nyc-immigration-help/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
For Chinese only?  How do they get away with being so openly racist? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Documented has compiled a list of free legal services and pro-bono lawyers in New York State who provide Chinese language services."

I wonder if some of this is "funded" by the Chinese communist party...?
(perhaps a considerable amount)