Author Topic: Four lawsuits threaten Vineyard Wind  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Four lawsuits threaten Vineyard Wind
« on: April 07, 2023, 10:45:50 am »
Four lawsuits threaten Vineyard Wind 
Credit:  By Benjamin Storrow | 03/29/2023 | eenews.net ~~

Translate:  FROM English | TO English

Four cases are challenging the federal environmental permit issued to Vineyard Wind, a 62-turbine facility being planned for construction in the waters off Martha’s Vineyard. A federal judge in Massachusetts heard arguments brought by landowners in two cases in recent weeks. The other two suits, brought by fishing groups, have been consolidated and will appear before the same judge for oral arguments in Boston on Monday.

The cases against Vineyard Wind allege that the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management conducted an inadequate environmental review when it approved the project by failing to account for its impact on everything from fishermen to the critically endangered North American right whale.

The stakes are high. The Biden administration is betting that Vineyard Wind will begin an energy revolution in the United States by generating large amounts of carbon-free electricity needed to slash emissions and power the Northeast. Massachusetts utilities signed a contract to buy the project’s power to boost renewables in the state and cut emissions.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/03/29/four-lawsuits-threaten-vineyard-wind/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Four lawsuits threaten Vineyard Wind
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 10:48:09 am »
The last time someone thought of putting wind generators in Martha's Vineyard, those patriotic Americans, the Kennedys, got the idea killed - it ruined their view. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 10:55:39 am »
It is interesting that the Leftists there may well set the precedent that brings this nonsense down.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 11:26:35 am »
It is interesting that the Leftists there may well set the precedent that brings this nonsense down.

Maybe so, but in the meantime, they've also already started the process of shutting down the oil/gas/coal power plants - largely on the pretense that all that capacity can be replaced with wind/solar/etc - which means victories like these will simply leave the rest of us in the dark and cold.