Author Topic: Egypt’s online censorship reaches new heights with plans to criminalize posting weather “misinformat  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Egypt’s online censorship reaches new heights with plans to criminalize posting weather “misinformation”
04/06/2023 / By News Editors

The Tourism and Civil Aviation Committee of the Parliament of Egypt approved draft legislation to give the Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA) the authority to fine people for posting “misinformation” about the weather.

(Article by Cindy Harper republished from ReclaimTheNet.org)

Misinformation about the weather would result in a fine of up to and LE 5 million ($161.8,000)

The aim of the law is to reduce the posting of information that may cause harm to the economy. A member of the committee, Emad al-Dargali said that the legislation was approved to improve the quality of meteorological services, encourage research, and attract foreign investments.

https://www.climate.news/2023-04-06-egypts-online-censorship-reaches-new-heights.html#
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The left, with spineless politicians on the right, are trying to do the same here.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson