Author Topic: New DC Law Allowing Illegal Aliens to Vote Is ‘Absolutely Insane’: Former Immigration Judge  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New DC Law Allowing Illegal Aliens to Vote Is ‘Absolutely Insane’: Former Immigration Judge
Story by Virginia Allen • Yesterday 1:03 PM

Illegal aliens now are allowed to vote in local elections held in the nation’s capital.

Under a new law, anyone who qualifies as a permanent resident of the District of Columbia can cast a vote in races for mayor, D.C. Council, attorney general, and neighborhood advisory boards, regardless of U.S. citizenship status.

Now, the Immigration Reform Law Institute has filed a lawsuit against the D.C. Board of Elections to halt noncitizen voting.

“What this law does is it allows anybody who has been resident in the District of Columbia for 30 days or more the right to vote in D.C. municipal elections,” Matt O’Brien, a former immigration judge who now is director of investigations for the Immigration Reform Law Institute, told The Daily Signal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-dc-law-allowing-illegal-aliens-to-vote-is-absolutely-insane-former-immigration-judge/ar-AA19yAGx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=652cef7e328448c7ad89a0b27ea8f007&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The person most studied and considered to be THE expert on the Constitution and the law was Supreme Court Judge Joseph Story.  However, in the past 50 years or so, anyone who understood the Constitution and the law, was considered persona non grata.  Justice Story did not believe in allowing immigrants to vote until they had attained citizenship.  His reason was until they have an investment in the country, immigrants will vote only for those things that directly benefit them, not the country.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson