Author Topic: AGILITY, SPEED CRITICAL FOR SUSTAINMENT SOLDIERS  (Read 93 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AGILITY, SPEED CRITICAL FOR SUSTAINMENT SOLDIERS
« on: April 06, 2023, 02:16:22 pm »
AGILITY, SPEED CRITICAL FOR SUSTAINMENT SOLDIERS

Wed, 04/05/2023 - 12:40
Sustainment soldiers operating on the future battlefield, particularly in a theater as challenging as the Indo-Pacific, will need the ability to move quickly and adapt to ever-changing conditions, a senior logistics officer said.

“They’re going to have to be able to move fast, be able to disperse, to dig deep when they’re static, stay connected and start with sufficient stocks of critical materiel,” Maj. Gen. Mark Simerly, commander of the Army Combined Arms Support Command, the Sustainment Center of Excellence and Fort Lee, Virginia, said March 29 at the Global Force Symposium and Exposition hosted by the Association of the U.S. Army in Huntsville, Alabama.

As the Army designs the force it needs for 2030 and 2040, it will need to move away from the standardized formations that served their purpose over the past two decades and move toward formations that are “tailored for purpose and environment,” Simerly said during a panel discussion on sustaining the Army of 2040.

https://www.ausa.org/news/agility-speed-critical-sustainment-soldiers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: AGILITY, SPEED CRITICAL FOR SUSTAINMENT SOLDIERS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 02:18:04 pm »
Because higher speeds use more fuel, doesn't that clash with the military's green programs? 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson