Author Topic: Asylum seekers finding it easier to obtain visas through Canada to US  (Read 105 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Asylum seekers finding it easier to obtain visas through Canada to US
Scripps News heads to Plattsburgh, New York to speak with migrants seeking asylum in Canada.

By: Axel TurciosPosted at 3:28 AM, Apr 06, 2023 and last updated 6:28 AM, Apr 06, 2023
Changes at the United States-Canada border have not stopped migrants from illegal crossings to seek asylum in Canada.

Scripps News National correspondent Axel Turcios has been covering the migrant crisis in the U.S. extensively. To take a closer look at the situation, he traveled to both sides of the border.

During his journey, he met Victoria Manhamo, a migrant mother traveling with her 11-month-old son Taylor.

"I'm following my husband and kids. We have been running away. Life is not safe," she said.

https://www.turnto23.com/news/national/asylum-seekers-finding-it-easier-to-obtain-visas-through-canada-to-us
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson