Author Topic: Publisher drops children’s illustrator for posting anti-trans notes in public  (Read 231 times)

Offline Kamaji

Publisher drops children’s illustrator for posting anti-trans notes in public

By Patrick Reilly
April 6, 2023

An Alaskan children’s book illustrator was dropped by his publisher after he was arrested for posting menacing, transphobic notes targeting children at local businesses.

Mitchell Thomas Watley, 47, is accused of putting the threatening notices in public places throughout the capital city of Juneau beginning on Friday — the International Day of Transgender Visibility.

The notes, which were business-card sized, showed an assault rifle and the colors of the transgender flag with the text “Feeling Cute Might Shoot Some Children,” according to the criminal complaint.

Watley did not enter a plea to the felony charge during his first court appearance Monday, the Juneau Empire reported.

A preliminary hearing was scheduled for April 11.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/06/publisher-drops-childrens-illustrator-mitchell-watley-for-posting-threatening-anti-trans-notes-in-public/

Offline Kamaji

But hey, if you're a transphile, you can actually literally threaten someone else in public, and you not only do not get arrested or canceled, you get feted by the PtB.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The notes, which were business-card sized, showed an assault rifle and the colors of the transgender flag with the text “Feeling Cute Might Shoot Some Children,” according to the criminal complaint.

I fail to see the menacing or threatening and it just literally describes what happened in a school, plus the meme of assault rifles in the LGBTQRSTUVWXZZ colors is, if I'm not mistaken something made by trans for trans.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Cancel the guy who illustrates: "... books for children ages 1 to 5 feature mother animals snuggling their young and trying to make them feel safe with loving, affirmative statements like “wherever you may be, you will always have a home with me.”  and conveys that warm, fuzzy message with art, and stand up for the people who want to cut your little boy's balls off.

Oh yeah, America is headed down the toilet, fast.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis