Author Topic: Dem lawmaker abandons party, joins Republicans — and it has major implications for North Carolina po  (Read 300 times)

Offline libertybele

Dem lawmaker abandons party, joins Republicans — and it has major implications for North Carolina politics

North Carolina state Rep. Tricia Cotham officially abandoned the Democratic Party on Wednesday and joined the Republican Party.

At a press conference, Cotham explained she switched parties because the Democratic Party "has become unrecognizable" and wants to "villainize anyone who has free thoughts."

"If you don't do exactly what the Democrats want you to do, they will try to bully you, they will try to cast you aside," she said. "It became clear to me very early on in January that you better vote in line with what Gov. Cooper wants you to do."

Cotham said she believes it is her responsibility as a lawmaker to "learn everything I can, to ask questions, to hear perspectives before deciding how to vote." But Democrats are afraid of members who think independently, she claimed, because "they don't like what they can't control."

"I will not be controlled by anyone," Cotham declared.

They don’t want you to see this … Big Tech does its best to limit what news you see. Make sure you see our stories daily — directly to your inbox.

Not only do North Carolina Democrats enforce a liberal echo chamber, but Cotham accused her former party of engaging in intimidation and bully tactics any time a member steps out of line.

The final straw for her, however, was when she was criticized for using the American flag and "praying hands" emojis on social media. She also alleged that her Democratic opponents have publicly accosted her and sent her children messages.............

https://www.conservativereview.com/dem-lawmaker-abandons-party-joins-republicans-and-it-has-major-implications-for-north-carolina-politics-2659743051.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
So... do the Republicans have full and total control of the NC legislature?
Do they have the ability to pass veto-proof legislation?

Then the ABSOLUTE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY should be election integrity:
- Ban mail in voting
- Ban ballot harvesting
- Ban motor voter
- Ban early voting
- Require voter ID (if they don't already)
- Require paper ballots
- Redistrict !

What am I leaving off...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So... do the Republicans have full and total control of the NC legislature?
Do they have the ability to pass veto-proof legislation?

Then the ABSOLUTE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY should be election integrity:
- Ban mail in voting
- Ban ballot harvesting
- Ban motor voter
- Ban early voting
- Require voter ID (if they don't already)
- Require paper ballots
- Redistrict !

What am I leaving off...?

@Fishrrman

Deport,deport,deport!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!