Author Topic: The Trump Indictment Unsealed, and What’s Next in Criminal Court  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Trump Indictment Unsealed, and What’s Next in Criminal Court 
|

Cully Stimson

Former President Donald Trump was arraigned Tuesday on a 34-count indictment accusing him of falsifying business records in the first degree.

Trump pleaded not guilty to the indictment in a courtroom at Manhattan Criminal Court. The indictment, which had been sealed until the arraignment, was a typical state court charging document, containing little more than the charges against the former president.

The indictment, however, was supplemented by an official statement of facts from the office of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, and it contained “certain of the information that is relevant to the events described herein.”

The arraignment, like most arraignments, took only a few minutes, but this case is anything but ordinary and will, for the reasons we explain below, take on a life of its own.

https://firebrand.news/the-trump-indictment-unsealed-and-whats-next-in-criminal-court/?seyid=58347
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson