Author Topic: Job openings fall below 10 million for first time in nearly two years  (Read 689 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Job openings fall below 10 million for first time in nearly two years
Zachary Halaschak
3–4 minutes

The number of job openings in the United States tumbled below 10 million in February, the lowest level in nearly two years.

There were about 9.9 million job openings across all sectors that month, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey updated Tuesday. The decline is a sign that the labor market, which has held up despite a series of major threats the past two years, is softening.

The largest decreases in job openings were in professional and business services; healthcare and social assistance; and transportation, warehousing, and utilities.

“Over a million fewer employment opportunities for American workers in just the first couple of months this year is evidence the strongest labor market since the 1960s is starting to show a few cracks,” said Chris Rupkey, chief economist at FwdBonds. “If openings lead job hirings, payroll employment is set to slow in the months ahead, which should help keep inflation pressures in check.”

About 4 million workers quit their jobs in November, up from 3.9 million the month before. The figure is equivalent to about 2.6% of the workforce.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/job-openings-fall-below-10-million-first-time
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Job openings fall below 10 million for first time in nearly two years
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 06:40:48 pm »
Meanwhile: US Trade Deficit Widens to $70.5B in February
:pondering: Maybe if Secretary Gina Raimondo  was more interested in her job instead climate change....what am I saying, she a Brandon appointee so she isn't capable of doing the job.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 08:35:01 pm »
Is this a sign of employment, of is it the recession and offshoring of more jobs?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 09:27:38 pm »
Is this a sign of employment, of is it the recession and offshoring of more jobs?

Probably more about adjusting the statistical political painting back to something emulating reality.  :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 09:36:53 pm »

Most financial analysts say we are headed for a recession.  I think that we are already there.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 09:51:51 pm »
The Fed's plan to crash the economy and put everyone out of work is showing early success.  There will be significantly less demand and less upward pressure on wages when millions are unemployed again.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 01:26:47 am »
:pondering: Maybe if Secretary Gina Raimondo  was more interested in her job instead climate change....what am I saying, she a Brandon appointee so she isn't capable of doing the job.
Every damn cabinet member believes his/her only jobs are diversity and climate change, not commerce, transportation,  health or anything else.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2023, 11:44:46 am »
Every damn cabinet member believes his/her only jobs are diversity and climate change, not commerce, transportation,  health or anything else.

And we’re paying a horrible price as a nation as a result
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy