Author Topic: Why Hasn’t the GOP Yet Walked the Walk on Its Mayorkas Impeachment Talk?  (Read 274 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why Hasn’t the GOP Yet Walked the Walk on Its Mayorkas Impeachment Talk?

By James Varney and RealClearInvestigations
April 4, 2023Updated: April 4, 2023

It’s almost an understatement to say that Republican candidates campaigned hawkishly on border control in the runup to the 2022 midterms: As they decried the flow of illegal immigrants and drugs from Mexico, many vowed to impeach the man they largely blamed for the mess, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Republicans have continued hammering Mayorkas since taking control of the House. Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, who called the flooding of more than 5 million illegal immigrants across the southern border since President Biden took office an “intentional” policy, has made several visits to the U.S.-Mexico border with other Republicans, and the House has held multiple hearings on immigration.

But as winter has turned to spring, the GOP has taken little action to remove Mayorkas. Republicans Andy Biggs of Arizona and Pat Fallon of Texas have each filed bills, but the House Judiciary Committee, from which any impeachment move must come, has not taken up either resolution.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/why-hasn%92t-gop-yet-walked-walk-its-mayorkas-impeachment-talk-407389/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why?  The term chicken sh*ts pops into my head. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It's now almost May, and we haven't seen anything of substance yet from these squishes. 

Our contingent GOP limp wicks  are the proverbial knives at a gun fight.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They're not going to do anything.

The Pubbies in Congress are watching the travails of Mr. Trump, and thinking: "gee, if The Party can do that to a past president, what can it do to ME?"

And then... they'll go on about their business.
Like good church mice.