Author Topic: Record March Cold Over the Western U.S. and Northern Plains  (Read 95 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Record March Cold Over the Western U.S. and Northern Plains
« on: April 05, 2023, 10:46:00 am »
April 04, 2023
Record March Cold Over the Western U.S. and Northern Plains

This past March brought record cold to a vast swath of the U.S., including the West Coast and the northern Plains. 

Here in Washington State, the frigid conditions even continued into April, with snow showers falling to sea-level and serious snow on some of the hilltops near Seattle (see the snowfall at 1100 ft in Bellevue on Sunday night).  April?

Satellites can observe atmospheric temperatures from space.   The lower-atmosphere temperatures for March from such satellite (see below) indicate that the coldest temperature anomalies (differences from normal) on the planet occurred in a swath from the West Coast to the upper plains.

Portions of eastern Oregon had had their coldest March in history, as shown by the March temperatures at Burns, Oregon over the past 50 years.   I mean no year was even close to March 2023.

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/04/record-march-cold-over-western-us-and.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson